How to Put Assets Inside a WAD Using SLADE

GannonXP

insert random text here
I Wanna Use a Asset I Found In the Message Board, However I Am Confused on how to Put Assets Inside My Wad Using SLADE.
Could someone please help me with this Issue? :?:

what i do is open up said asset in slade, and put what's required in
example, enemy that uses lua, stick the script inside, make S_START and S_END, and stick the sprites in between
will recommend pk3s for this, though, because they're easier to use

yeah, like ova piko said, i'd recommend using pk3s, they're easier to sort stuff out
Post automatically merged:

sorry i mean pico

all right, since i'm not on a mobile device, i can explain further:
enemies and objects, that means it should include:
  • SOC
  • Lua
  • Sprites
so, let's begin this tutorial of sorts
first off, the SOC/Lua can just be shoved in there, there's basically no limitation, asides from names requiring either SOC_ or LUA_ before them, and the limit of 4 characters after said prefix
for sprites, you need to begin with making a marker in slade with the title S_START, then paste (or import) your sprites after the S_START, then, after the sprites, put S_END, and you're basically done
it's also recommended you use Slade 3.1.13, as the newest version of slade has cut out a lot of things related to SRB2 modding, such as the srb2 palette, and iirc pk3 editing, and once more, it's very much recommended to use pk3's instead of wad files, as they're not only more organized, but also more compressed, so often times pk3's will have lower file sizes, making for easier downloading and better for storage

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back