How to port md2s for 2.1

um im not very knowing in the world of portlegs, some say there good some say bad, i'd just like to know how to port them so I can play them myself

Portlegs are not good, they are basically porting things without the official creators permission. It would be better off to not port anything (unless its reusable, of course) without the creators permission.

Portlegs are not good, they are basically porting things without the official creators permission. It would be better off to not port anything (unless its reusable, of course) without the creators permission.
Yeah okay, but what im tryna port was listed as reuseable so I mean..............

Those models aren't Reusable I think. But even so i don't suggest porting models without the Creator permission. Besides you can't see if the 2.1 addons are reusable or not.

IF YOU HAVE THE CREATOR'S PERMISSION, you can open the MD2 files with MM3D, and rearrange the sprites so that it fits with the newly arranged sprites in 2.2.

IF YOU HAVE THE CREATOR'S PERMISSION, you can open the MD2 files with MM3D, and rearrange the sprites so that it fits with the newly arranged sprites in 2.2.
I think you mean "animation frames", not "sprites". The difference is that sprites are purely 2D, while animation frames can be either 2D or 3D. In the case of MD2s and MD3s, they are 3D.
um im not very knowing in the world of portlegs, some say there good some say bad, i'd just like to know how to port them so I can play them myself
The safest bet would be to wait until the original author ports them. Unless the author explicitly grants you permission, just assume you are prohibited from doing so. If you want to play with models *that* badly, however, you can browse the miscellaneous category for addons and see models that other people have made.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back