How to make a SRB2K (or SRB2R) Character

SIG7Pro

I hate my life.
I wanna know how to make a SRB2K (or SRB2R) Character and I don't know how to. I don't think I will be able to use KartMaker so like, is there any base for the sprites in a wad or somethin'?

Alright, this might be way different than normal SRB2 modding, but I can help.

The example WAD in KartMaker is attached to this post in case you want to start out with a template. As for the order of sprites and what they're used for, you can take a look at this SRB2 Wiki page on Character WADS. Like 2.1, I believe the sprites and sounds cannot have the same file name as one another, otherwise, they'll overlap. Speaking of sounds, there are 11 sounds you can replace to your liking, as well as renaming the sounds (and sprites) if you wish. Just make sure that the file names matches the entries in S_SKIN. It should be this section right here:
1615813148254.png

Now, since we're already on the topic, the S_SKIN here functions basically the same as the one in SRB2, except for the thing above and two new sections - kartspeed and kartweight. These two determine the stats of your character. For reference, we'll look at Knuckles' stats since it's in the middle and it basically has the same stats that the example WAD has.
1615813441301.png

KartSpeed is a number between 1 and 9 that determines the acceleration and max speed stats, with 9 having the best max speed and 1 having the best accelleration.
KartWeight is another number between 1 and 9 that determines the handling and weight stats, with 9 having the best weight and 1 having the best handling.

I hope this helps you in making your own SRB2Kart mods in the future!

Attachments

• KC_example.wad
    301.3 KB · Views: 138

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back