How to make a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm looking into making a mod with 10 or more zones. I mean like 1 level into another into the next. I searched the wiki.

Dude, you need better topic names.

Anyway, to do what you're asking, you need a MAINCFG lump. It will tell the game what level it is, what it's called, what music to use, what sky texture to use, whether to force a skin, and a whole bunch of other things. SRB2DB has a feature that allows you to create and edit MAINCFG lumps directly. To find out how to make one, you'll need to look up MAINCFG lumps in the Wiki.

You only use one MAINCFG. That one text lump contains the master information for how to organize the WAD.

cupcakethecat said:
Can you make custom title screens? If so how?

Well, if your going to make a title screen you'll need a picture. Draw it yourself and scan it OR make it using drawing programs. Thats all I know...

After you make that custom title screen, find the regular title screen picture in srb2.srb. Figure out what the lump is called. Then go back into your own WAD, insert your picture, and name it what the previous lump was called.

What are you trying to open it with? If you're using SlumpED, copy it, past it somewhere else, and change it's extension to .wad. For XWE, just open XWE and open srb2.srb.

Are you sure you searched the Wiki? This all seems like stuff that could be learned just by fishing around it....

We may need to remember that the Wiki is still incomplete in some places, and unfortunately nobody can add to it until SRB2ME comes out, so some of these questions might be justified after all... maybe. >_>

What you should do is open a wad that is a large scale modification to see how it makes a custom screen or anything else you need to figure out. I suggest using Mystic Realm, since most people already have that wad. It is also easier then sifting through the srb2.srb to find the lump that does a specific thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back