How to make a HUD mod?

Restyled Hedgehog

go to flawless' server and i'm there as host
I made this because I want to make a HUD mod but don't know what websites to use and how I can get each possible number and letter to all work at once in game. I also need help on how I can make a HUD mod lualess

HUD mods do not need Lua scripts (at least at the basic level, that is, graphic replacement).

All graphics in SRB2 are located in srb2.pk3, so all you have to do is just make a separate mod and add graphics to it, making sure that the graphics you add are named exactly like the graphic you want to replace.
And optionally, if you want to move these HUD elements, you can use a SOC configuration file to do so.
That's pretty much it.

You can open srb2.pk3 with SLADE (recommended) or any zip explorer.

If you want to do something more complex than just graphic replacements or moving HUD elements around, you will need Lua and there is no way around it.

HUD mods do not need Lua scripts (at least at the basic level, that is, graphic replacement).

All graphics in SRB2 are located in srb2.pk3, so all you have to do is just make a separate mod and add graphics to it, making sure that the graphics you add are named exactly like the graphic you want to replace.
And optionally, if you want to move these HUD elements, you can use a SOC configuration file to do so.
That's pretty much it.

You can open srb2.pk3 with SLADE (recommended) or any zip explorer.

If you want to do something more complex than just graphic replacements or moving HUD elements around, you will need Lua and there is no way around it.
What other zip explorers are recommended for this type of stuff.

Use SLADE. It is basically the most appropiate tool for this.

If for some reason you can't use it, well... any zip explorer does it.
WinRAR, 7zip, even Windows Explorer, or whatever you use to dig around zip files.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back