how to edit sprites directly in SLADE doom editor

The best one for spriting/pixel art is Aseprite, but if you can't afford it... well, you can find a way to compile it yourself, but I sure can't teach you that. Others swear by MSPaint, but modern MSPaint aint like that anymore, and its real antiquaited. Paint.net is what I used for years, but its not really made for pixel art.

So what are the main Sprite Editing Tolls out there?
tools*
Amazing 4 month necro. You could've made a new thread, given how your question is unrelated to the thread topic.

About anything that can edit images is a good tool.
There are a bunch of pixel-art specific tools, such as Aseprite (paid) and GraphicsGale. They're the most used of the bunch (as far as I know).
Spriting is more or less pixel-art, so a program for such is an obvious choice.

Otherwise, about any image editing program can be useful (some allow you to set the brush size to a pixel, which is very useful).
GIMP is free and powerful if unwieldy, Paint.NET I've never used it but I heard it's good, and there are plenty of others.

Or, hell, even MSPaint works.

I would mention Photoshop but out of principle it's automatically bad :knuxsmug:

(but not add or delete pixels)
then what's this
1637422848817.png

For anyone coming across, this button has been in the UI since 2020, probably earlier.
It's not a worthy contender for dedicated spriting tools, of course, but if you need to make last second edits, you can do so with it.

tools*
Amazing 4 month necro. You could've made a new thread, given how your question is unrelated to the thread topic.

There are a bunch of pixel-art specific tools, such as Aseprite (paid) and GraphicsGale. They're the most used of the bunch (as far as I know).

Otherwise, about any image editing program can be useful (some allow you to set the brush size to a pixel, which is very useful).
GIMP is free and powerful if unwieldy, Paint.NET I've never used it but I heard it's good, and there are plenty of others.

I would mention Photoshop but out of principle it's automatically bad :knuxsmug:

then what's this
View attachment 56915

For anyone coming across, this button has been in the UI since 2020, probably earlier.
It's not a worthy contender for dedicated spriting tools, of course, but if you need to make last second edits, you can do so with it.
wait this exsists?, all i need anyways is an eye color change so that should to the job

tools*

then what's this
View attachment 56915

wait where is it? i cant find it
Post automatically merged:

1638145007813.png
I dont see the tool?

The character sprites are located in player.dta, not srb2.pk3.
Thanks!

when I view the sprites in slade the character sprites are in black and white how do I change the palette (I'm trying to make tails' shoes blue)

Last edited:
Thanks!

when I view the sprites in slade the character sprites are in black and white how do I change the palette (I'm trying to make tails' shoes blue)
Click the "palette" button at the top of the screen and select "Sonic Robo Blast 2."

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back