How to control the distance with Winds

Soniku11

Heyo! So, hey, a few mins ago from made this thread, i started back to continue developing my test char map, and one thing i wanted to do thanks for someone's suggestion, i wanted to add a fan room, just like the one at the start on ERZ 2, but i have a big issue with it. Even despite being way too easy to work with, having worked with horizontal currents, i dont understand how the OG maps control the distance traveled from the point where the fan itself is.

What i mean is, in short, how can i control how far the player will move from the floor? Speed its literally the same as the other current, just making the sidedef long enough as you want. But how can i control how far will the player get pushed?

Im asking here for help about it since Wiki doesnt say anything about that. And i want to make the player get pushed at a determined distance, but i dont know how to control that distance

Last edited:
Heyo! So, hey, a few mins ago from made this thread, i started back to continue developing my test char map, and one thing i wanted to do thanks for someone's suggestion, i wanted to add a fan room, just like the one at the start on ERZ 2, but i have a big issue with it. Even despite being way too easy to work with, having worked with horizontal currents, i dont understand how the OG maps control the distance traveled from the point where the fan itself is.

What i mean is, in short, how can i control how far the player will move from the floor? Speed its literally the same as the other current, just making the sidedef long enough as you want. But how can i control how far will the player get pushed?

Im asking here for help about it since Wiki doesnt say anything about that. And i want to make the player get pushed at a determined distance, but i dont know how to control that distance
ERZ2 does this with intangible, invisible FOFs, I think.

One thing i did as an alternative from stopping the player to keep rising up, it was adding a really thin fof just at a high distance, that has the non climbable tag just in case for what can it happens

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back