How the server defines a team for a player in CTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElieX

Hi,

I know when I join a CTF I can choose a base, then I die and I'm added onto team: if I choose blue base I'll be added onto blue team. Ok?

Now a hypothesis: If I host a CTF, someone gets into my netgame, but he delays too much to choose a base. Is there a way I can "force" or "define" a team for my undecided player?

I suppose it is possible because, in a netgame the server added me onto a team automatically.

(I've read the SRB2 Wiki, also I used the Search to find something I was looking for, but I didn't find what I need.)

Thanks.

Open up the console, and type NODES. Figure out the node of the player who you want to change teams. Type in SERVERCHANGETEAM (player node) RED/BLUE (depending on team you'd prefer).

You can also do SERVERCHANGETEAM USERNAME RED/BLUE, but if the player has a space in his name, it won't work.

Spazzo said:
You can also do SERVERCHANGETEAM USERNAME RED/BLUE, but if the player has a space in his name, it won't work.

Code:
 SERVERCHANGETEAM "IDIOT WITH SPACES IN NAME" RED

Nice! Thanks.

You're fast!

In Wiki page there's no SERVERCHANGETEAM command. Someone could put it in there. I think it would be useful.

(I'll test it right now with bots in SRB2JTE)

;)

Yeah. It's fine to practice with them if you're new to CTF, but otherwise, it's a pretty boring idea, especially since they simply run off of their Match programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back