How Sonic 06 Could've Been If The Game Wasn't rushed

Mr Kixx Reborn

Let's give it all we got!
How do you think Sonic 06 would've turned out if the game actually finished development? Would it still be bad or would it be good? Post your thinking down below.

(The Reason Sonic 06 was terrible in the first place was because Sega had rushed sonic team to release the game and Sonic Team was not finished with the game layout, character models, etc., Leaving many bugs and glitches into the game)

The game was special for Sonic's 15th anniversary and Yuki Naka was headmaster of sonic team but honestly I forget what are the reasons for let the game become bad
If none of this things happened sonic 06 will be a great game
Sonic team was forced to finish the game due to promesses and advertising that they did for it ! So they had no choice !
What happened is what happened but SEGA must do a remake of the game for modern systems and this is will be good !
Remember that anniversary games always great (in sonic series) like generations , adventure 2 and the coming one for the 30th anniversary (I hope)

Let's just hope we get a remake, the game is one of the worst games of ALL TIME in not just the sonic games, but also one of the worst games EVER, If we do get a remake we actually might see what Sonic 06 was originally going to be however, After the bad reviews I doubt were getting a remake.

I think the game would play great if not, properly. Though i doubt the story will be great either way unless they were gonna scrapped it for a better one but couldn't due to the time

It would have been like another Adventure game. Now that I think about it, Sonic 06 have lots of things in common with Sonic Adventure 1 or 2. (Multiple Characters, More Story, A Villain other than Eggman).

Well we can all agree that Sonic Team Fucked it up releasing 06, I mean.... come on I know ya'll could've done better even if the game was rushed

The gameplay could have been decent (P06) but not the story (Another terrible idea from Sega) They should have changed the story but it was so rushed.

I'm still wondering why there are still people eager to defend the game to this game.

Let's be honest for a moment there:

Even if there wasn't glitches, a bad story, long loading times, Silver and useless side missions in the hub world the game would've still been mediocre at best. Sega just didn't know how to make a good Sonic game (and even less of a good platformer) back when they made it.

Being rushed just made bad things even worse.

I'm still wondering why there are still people eager to defend the game to this game.

Even if there wasn't glitches, a bad story, long loading times, Silver and useless side missions in the hub world the game would've still been mediocre at best. Sega just didn't know how to make a good Sonic game (and even less of a good platformer) back when they made it.

It's all because Yuki Baka left so sonic team didn't know what it would did exactly at that time ! Really things here became chaotic ! A remake of the game is the solution !
Didn't no one feel how sonic games were better with Yuki Naka than after he left (except generations and unleashed) ?
Post automatically merged:

that kissing scene would still be bad but not being rushed sounds like a good idea
This is was important ! Not for love ! Without Elise sonic cannot be alive ! It's the story not me ! (But I respect your opinion)

It's all because Yuki Baka left so sonic team didn't know what it would did exactly at that time ! Really things here became chaotic ! A remake of the game is the solution !
Didn't no one feel how sonic games were better with Yuki Naka than after he left (except generations and unleashed) ?
Post automatically merged:

This is was important ! Not for love ! Without Elise sonic cannot be alive ! It's the story not me ! (But I respect your opinion)
Even if Yuji Naka did leave at the time they still shouldn't have done the game that shitty

Well, if the game hadn’t been rushed and the team hadn’t been split into two (half of Sonic Team was sent to make the storybook games for the Wii since it couldn’t support 06), than it still could have been a good game. Remember, this was coming after Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog (which still had decent gameplay and multiple paths). The fact that it was rushed simply meant that they couldn’t have put more effort into it

If the game wasn't rushed.

would be the same thing, but without glitches, and probably won't be called "The worst sonic game" or smth.

Well If the game was still rushed but didn't have any glitches it could've at least got some good reviews

Sonic 06 being as horrible as it was ended up being the kick in the pants they needed to rethink things and make Sonic Unleashed and Colors. If 06 had been so much as merely mediocre, Sonic would have stayed mediocre until another disaster happened. If 06 had been great, we likely would have seen more games like it.

In any scenario, most of the games we have now that have come out since 06 wouldn't exist if not for how terrible it was. Secret Rings and Rivals might still exist, we might even have still gotten Black Knight and Rivals 2, as well as Rush Adventure. Pretty much every other game to come out since though such as Unleashed, Colors, Generations, Lost World, Mania, Forces, they all probably wouldn't have existed at all. I see that as being an overall positive to come out of how awful 06 turned out to be. The only ones I wouldn't really miss are Sonic 4 and Forces.

Yuji Naka may have been for something but he's not the only important guy at Sega.

Also remember that a creator doesn't always equal quality? Remember the Mighty N°9 debacle?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back