How do you play your SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IRT Spherallic and nightmare cenz:
People like you two are the exact reason why I love the Recycler so damn much.

Well, that, and the fact that I was the one who coded it. ^_^

Who doesn't? Seriously, its annoying, specially when you gather your own stuff then someone hits the recycle and you have nothing.

I enjoy recyclers and teleports, but feel that they should be able to be turned off (not down or up, OFF) without turning the cheats on. (to rectify balance, simply replace them with super rings as soon as they spawn (internally.))

As for how I play...

SP/Co-op: Grab tokens, finish. Helping people too much means they don't learn. ;)
Match: Get hold of the best weapons, and shoot everything that can shoot you back or looks at you funny.
Team Match: Same, except work with teammates to gang up on an opponent, and shoot them only if they run out of rings (and friendly fire's off silly)
Tag: When I'm not it, I usually hide, and bolt when I'm found. Also, dropping fellow not-it players into bottomless pits to halt their point advancement and prevent anyone scoring off them, when I'm it, I ambush people and boom headshot.
Hide & Seek: Go to places not TOO out of the way, that people won't think to look into. Or look in those places.
Race: First person view for accuracy, then thok my way there. In DSZ1 and after, use Tails in third person.
CTF: Discuss with the team who's the flag runner. I usually like to take defence, but am also apt for flagrunning myself. Give the emeralds, if aquired, to the best defender.

Last edited:
Single-Player: I simply find my way to the exit. I take my own time in this mode.

Match: I typically aim for the Scatter Ring, and cause havoc in long corridors and wide spaces with it.

Team Match: I play it the same as normal Match mode.

Tag: N/A

Hide & Seek: I typically hide in spaces which seem the most ridiculous. One time, I stood in the middle of a giant room and was never found.

Race: A Thokfest, as it seems to be the only way to win nowadays. I use either the third-person or first-person camera.

CTF: I'm usually the person with the flag. I run and hide until the coast is clear.

Single-Player- I Explore a lot and then i just finish or maybe find a secret or something.

Example: Signature of Sonniku i found by exploring.

Match- I Just try my best on that one. Sometimes i use my own passages to get to the guys and smash them.

Hide&Seek- What can i say? Im very good at hiding.
(Hint: Search on higher spots)

Firstand foremost, I play Knuckles exclusively.

Singleplayer -I don't tend to explore all the much, especially on my first run of the level. I just try to get through without all the much casualities.

Coop - It's like SP but with a chat function, and I don't like it at all, most of the time.

Match - I usually wind up getting ambushed a whole lot (too adapted to CTF), but I enjoy sniping people a lot, even tho most of the time it is impractical. If rail ring is not an option, I use whatever's on hand, I'm not too focused on a single ring.

CTF - My favorite gametype. Since I suck at keeping the flag for a longer time, I focus on clearing the opponent's base, distracting people and sniping in open maps. I prefer the rail ring, with the scatter ring as a backup, and use grenade rings for these times where you need to transform the battleground into a minefield. I love pretending I'm the Juggernaut at times.

Tag - If I'm It, I grab a rail and snipe people who come close. Otherwise, I stay on the move, always being out of reach (if possible, anyway)

HnS
- As a hider, I look for spots you wouldn't take, even going as far as hiding in plain sight for **** 'n giggles. I like camo if it helps my goal, but I only have real killer spots in Thunder Citadel, Jade Valley and GFZ Act 1.
As the seeker, I scan the usual 'safe' spots I know, and then double-check everything I come across, but I am rather bad at playing the seeker.

Single Player - Finish. Usually with the emeralds.

Cooperative - Team up and help someone. (Eg: Helping a Sonic get up hard places by picking him up as Tails) (I hardly play coop - Especially with uncooperative people.)

Match - Grab Bomb and Scatter, then chase my opponents. When i hit, i dash. When i'm hit, i go in for revenge, although if i know the opponent is to be reckoned with, i grab the Bomb and run, shooting behind. I also try to get 1 emerald, to stop the enemy overpowering me.

Capture The Flag - When alone, i speed to the flag then speed back to mine, wether in the hands of an opponent or not. When with a friend, i defend the flag, as that's what I do best. I also try to get 1 emerald, to stop the enemy overpowering me.

Tag - If i'm it, i look around slowly and Scatter people who i see. If i'm not, i usually try to stay away by being constantly on the move.

HnS/Race - I don't play these.

If the opponent is close, I aim an explosion ring in front of their path.

If the opponent is farther away than that, I peg them with a rail ring.

If I miss, I blame command lag, even if I'm the host. :)

Last edited:
Singleplayer - Usually, I just try to find the exit. I only explore when the level has cool gimmicks that I haven't yet seen.

Coop - I wait at the exit for anyone who is impatient and exits, or just take Coop as Race.

Match - Ever since 2.0, I've been trying to hit people with the bomb ring. If I have grenades, I try to plant them in areas where people pass a lot. My mouse is pretty old, though. And it sometimes freezes for a few seconds, or spins out of control. The wheel also performs Wheel Up without me touching it, switching my rings to a bad weapon. I really hate it when it goes to the Rail when performing close combat...

CTF - I either join netgames where I'm one of the best, or one of the average. If one of the best, I try to avoid newbies with low scores, and focusing on the bastards that keep hitting me. Otherwise, I'm always hitting people.

If there's someone better than me, I try to defend the base or the flag holder. If someone else has the flag, and the flag holder is a pro, then I try to hunt down the enemy who has our flag. As the flag holder, I try to find an area where people won't find me.

Tag - I don't join much netgames with Tag being played. But when I do, then simple. Avoid the IT people. Dur.

HnS
- I want to hide as Tails, but a lot of levels just scream "Knuckles". Still, I just hide and wait it out. If I'm the IT person, I try to look in places where software glitches could make people invinsible. I probably don't even know half of those spots, but I know a few.

This is what i DONT like. People treating Coop as Race. Nobody knows how to cooperate anymore because of it, and when people actually DO cooperate through the levels, a buncha n00bs just shout "OMG STOP RPing".

Typical. Actually Cooperating is becoming a crime.

Co-Op: I usually take my time on this one, Try not to die. Don't really care about Time Bonus or being in First,
Unless im playing SRB1 Remake.

CTF: I tend to steer away from the Ongoing ringslinging action, And attempt to secretly bring the enemy Flag to base without getting Caught.
If I'm quick enough, I might just make it.

Tag: I don't stay in one spot, I'm constantly on the Run, In hopes of beating the clock.

Hide and Seek: I attempt to change colors to fit that of Wall Textures, Change Skin to Knuckles, And try to Blend in.

Single Player: I mostly exploring the levels to a maximum when i feel

Coop: My favorite. Playing mostly with Tails, I mostly help other peoples in hard areas and collect emerald tokens. Also, if a player is afk I will fly him untill the end which is fun. If the host add SMS, I will mostly race to the finish since hes much faster than sonic.

CTF: Im not really into this kind of CTF. I much prefer the Halo series style CTF. But 1 thing i like when you have the flag, you don't have any abilities.

Tag and Hide & Seek: I love to play these games when i was a child. I mostly prefer hide and and seek more than tag cause I prefer playing in 3rd person view with my gamepad.

Match: Not my game type at all cause you can find on FPS games and i suck playing sonic games with keyboard and/or mouse.

Race: Variable. I dont really like the circuit zone because its just thokfest but with SP levels, its very fun. Also I find race boring if its only time to win but its really fun when it's the sonic 2 style race where the winner was to collect the most rings, total rings, highest score, best time and most item boxes. I really miss playing Sonic 2 vs with another player.

Single-player: I'm a very aggressive player against NPCs/enemies. Perhaps it's a tendency carried over from this engine's father, Doom, but I'm a completionist. Mostly in the idea of not playing the part of Collection Agency, but Sadist. Everything. Must. Die.
The extra lives from highly destructive combos help.

I do not play online. I'm sure I'd be a half-decent shot but I just get this feeling that it'd be too hectic for me to enjoy it like I should.
And when it comes to cooperative, hell no. I'm too much of a lone wolf to cooperate well with others. ... Probably why I didn't enjoy Left 4 Dead very much...

Last edited:
Single Player: I remain from speed running and try to collect 100+ rings for lives. Kill enemies on the way but I never stray from the path so I can get more time bonus.
Match: Go for the kills and make it fun. Spam normal rings as if I were to die if I didn't.
CTF: BE THE TEAM PLAYER! I usually play defensive if were winning and offensively if were losing. Get the flag whenever I can and try not to camp.
Tag: Sonic all day. Run in Circles and even in reverse to give the chaser the whoopsie-dasiy.
H&S: Try to camoflauge and go knuckles.
Co-op: Speedrun for them points and be a friend and give some support for achieving those emeralds.

Single: Squeeze myself in every nook and cranny, looking for stuff, while bopping bots for points.
Coop: Realize it's just race/emerald abuse, and leave. Also, tell those Sonics to just go Tails temporatily and fly themselves.
Match: Get the bomb. GET THE DAMN BOMB. Then throw at the ground while Ring Jousting. (FYI, Ring jousting = thoking into each other, shooting rings forward)
CTF: get the Rail AND Bomb. Pick off the weak, Superblock BOTH teams by getting one emerald and hog it, even from teammates. Super is worthless in CTF, and your allys are usually stupid enough to try and take out supers with red rings. If a Super DOES arise, Knux + Auto, due to Knux's faster firing speed, or just leave him/her alone since he's not much of a threat compared to the others.
Tag: Sonic = Thok. Knux = Hide. F12 people when safe, incase you are tagged.
H&S: Knux + Hide. simple as that.

I haven't gotten good enough to really have much finesse yet, soo...

Singleplayer: Rush through with Tails/knux. I look for the shortest possible exploitable route, and take it.

Match: Know which weapons spawn where. Then, depending on the level, I use a particular character, which varies my playstyle. I also try to pull unexpected things once in a while, like jump-spindashing and then firing auto rings behind me, to take out anyone chasing me.
- Sonic: Thock around, and do hit and run with redrings or sometimes spread (I still can't effectively rail people). I use him on flat open stages.
- Knux: Find a good high perch. fire off a few rails/spreads, then change locations. I use him when there's lots of platforming, or when in places like Thunder citadel, which just SCREAMS knuckles use.

CTF: Either aggresively assault the enemy base, or hunt for emeralds. When assaulting the enemy, if it becomes clear that I'm outmatched, and can't snag the flag, I just take it upon myself to wreak as much havok as possible, to provide a diversion. If hunting emeralds, I drop them off at base if anyone is there. (I also warn when I do so, since the emeralds go poof if you just drop 'em).

....Yeah, I still need some work on my...umm...technique.

Last edited:
Single: I just explore for Tokens and Secrets.

Co-op: I'll help anyone in need of help or just follow them around if the want me to. Also hunt for Tokens.

Match/Team Match: Sometimes I'll snipe(I have good aim in first person). I'll try and grab the Chaos Emeralds but at the same time protect myself or try and find a Blue Shield. Also use Random Rings to attack. If someone on my team has more Chaos Emeralds than me, I'll just give them to him/her.

CTF: Sometimes a Chaos Emerald Hunter, I will guard the base of I am in Super form. Either that or just go for the flag and shoot random people. If I'm playing as tails and someone has the flag, I'll fly them back to the base(I think you can still do that.) If someone on my team has more Chaos Emeralds than me, I'll just give them to him/her.

Race: A thoking I will go. lol

Tag: I don't play tag.

Hide and Seek: I don't play Hide and Seek.

Match:
Usually, I'll go for the Rail ASAP, then find a spot where I have easy access to rings, am protected on at least one side, is high up (for better snipage), and maybe has an item box around (for shields). Jade Valley is good for this because of that little nook in the wall near the main waterfall that contains an item box, and has a row of rings and a ring box right in front of it.

If I have no access to Rail easily, or there is no safe sniping spot (like in Meadow Match) I'll go with Bomb and just fly around throwing explosives everywhere.

Team Match:
Pretty much the same thing goes for this, though occasionally I'll follow along with my teammates and give them support when needed. Most of the time, though, I'm a lone Wolf, because most of the time my teammates run around doing their own thing.

CTF:
Same thing with Rail on most maps. If I have no easy access to Rail and have no good sniping spots, I'll still stay at base and defend the flag, occasionally attempting to run the flag if the teams are low and if I can quickly go from one base to another (Cloud Palace, Icicle Falls, and occasionally Twisted Terminal). If the map is Nimbus Ruins, I'll still grab the Rail, but I'll always try and get the enemy's flag. In Lime Forest, I'll go for the Scatter and protect my flag, always. However, lately I've noticed that Scatter isn't always registering when it hits, so I'm going back to just using Red Ring for defense in LF.

Tag: Run like Mystic is chasing me with a banhammer (again)

H&S: Find a spot, change colour, switch to Knuckles (maybe), hide on a wall. Alternately, just find a spot I can hide in that is out of the way, at least moderately hard to notice, and that I can easily change my character colour to match with at a distance. I've stopped trying to hide in waterfalls, however, because that never seems to work.

Race: Leave game because Race is still utterly broken.

Co-op: Get to the end, try to help my teammates past obstacles, and always, ALWAYS go for the Emerald Tokens. If there's one thing I never stand for in co-op, it's not getting the Chaos Emeralds.

Wait, I just realised, this thread gives people an advantage over the rest of us because now they can know our strategies. Crap.

EDIT:
Tag: When I'm hiding, I'm searching for a good place to hide. If I get noticed, I run away as soon as possible. When I'm IT, I tend to try and rail/snipe everyone.

Hide and Seek: Never played it. Don't care about it too.
... You DO realise that by hiding in Tag, you're pretty much playing H&S? The only real differences between H&S and Tag are:
a. After a time limit for hiding, you can't move
b. You can't drown when hiding
c. Only one person is ever IT

I REALLY suggest trying out H&S. It's one of the most fun game modes to play after 10+ rounds of Match/Team Match/CTF/Tag.

Last edited:
Co-op: Speedrunning as Sonic while avoiding, at worst, Game Overs.

Match: Rail, Bomb and Scatter Rings + Sonic.

Tag/H&S: Hiding, if possible, in smart places with camo on, and with Knux too.

CTF: Mostly a Knux Defender. If I accidentally get the flag, I'll drop it without a doubt. Watch where you walk, or else...

In single player, I usually like to slow down and explore the stage to its full extent. But I also usually use Sonic, to keep up mah platforming skillz.

Single: I always take the same route, unless I'm looking for Emblems or improving Time Attack times.
Co-Op: I always try to take the shortest route. I do pretty well in Castle Eggman Zone (Both Acts)
Race on Single Player courses: Same as Co-Op
Race on Circuit courses: Am I the only one who uses Knux in Circuit races? I hate thokfests about as much as I hate Capture The Flag.
Match: I only use the basic red ring. Although I can equip the others, I suck at firing them.
Capture The Flag: I hate Capture The Flag, but when I do play, I play offensively, focusing on grabbing the other team's flag.
Tag: Never played it.
Hide & Seek: Hider: Never was a hider
Seeker: I just run around and strike whoever I see.

All modes: I almost ALWAYS use Knuckles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back