How do you load WAD files into the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just downloaded some WAD files and i don't know how to load them into the game. Are the WAD files usable for the 1 player game? Or are they for the multiplayer only? And how do you type "ADDFILE (filename)? Any help will be greatly helpful. THanks!!!!

Some wads are for multiplayer modes only; others are single-player levels. You need to type ADDFILE in the console: to open the console, press ~ if you're using an American keyboard, or ` on most others; in either case, it's the key to the left of 1.

You might want to look at the FAQ if you haven't already.

I know, now i just noticed the space, (oopsie <(^-^)> ) now, theres an error that says "File not found" NOW how can i put the file into the game?!

I know, i just installed it a few days ago, AND IT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! <(^-^)> Now I can play Super Mario all day LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joking =D

oneway9341 said:
I know, i just installed it a few days ago, AND IT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! <(^-^)> Now I can play Super Mario all day LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joking =D
If it isn't to much trouble. Can you act a bit more mature please?

Ok... let it go peoples, we all act dumn sometimes. And by the way oneway9341, you can push the key under escape, the type addfile shadow.wad, for example and it will come up saying its loaded some lumps or somethin, and if you want to load a level, say for example scr_mysticrealm.wad, you type addfile scr_mysticrealm.wad ( make sure you put a space between "ADDFILE scr_mysticrealm.wad not ADDFILEscr__mysticrealm.wad.)

There you are.

EDIT 1 - By the way, if you want to use the launcher, but its a lot of trouble seeing as half the time it has some error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back