How do you convert a md2 file to md3

Calscenic

I want a 3D Model for this character mod I found, But it's a MD2, So how do you convert MD2 to MD3 or is there any way to use MD2 files with the recent versions of SRB2?

I want a 3D Model for this character mod I found, But it's a MD2, So how do you convert MD2 to MD3 or is there any way to use MD2 files with the recent versions of SRB2?
You can use MD2 for 2.2, I legitimatley dont know why modelers make their models in an inaccesible format.

You shouldn't have to. MD2s still work in SRB2 2.2. Just replace the ".md3" part with ".md2" if it hasn't been already, and you're all set.

I have done that with McCloud's models and Sonic looked like he is having a stroke.
...Huh. Didn't expect to be in this thread again.

This happens because the animation formatting for player models is different than in 2.1. So, because the sprites are listed in a different order than they were previously, Sonic would freak out like that. Some sprites from 2.1 have had frames either added or removed in 2.2, so those would be broken as well.

Luckily for you, Logan has released a port of the models you're using (albeit for Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Metal Sonic, nothing else). You can find it by clicking on this text. Once you've moved the models directly into the models folder, the players shouldn't freak out so much anymore. They also have been converted to MD3s and have had their names change, so you will have to adjust your models.dat accordingly. Just replace the following after moving the models in:

Logan's 2.1 ModelsOfficial 2.2 Port
Sonic Players/SONIC.md2 1.0 0.0sonic sonicold.md3 1.0 0.0
Tails Players/TAILS.md2 1.0 0.0tails tailsold.md3 1.0 0.0
Knuckles Players/KNUCKLES.md2 1.0 0.0knuckles knucklesold.md3 1.0 0.0
Metal_Sonic Players/Metal_Sonic.md2 1.0 0.0metalsonic metalold.md3 1.0 0.0

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back