How do you animate sonic the hedgehong in Blender

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmgiw

OK I have been goofing around in Blender 3D, and I got the nexgen models posted in the md2 realeases section. I narowed it down to only the sonic model, and thought, how cool would srb2 be in 3D, and then upon making the model look perfect, I realized, how the hell do you animate him..... can anyone tell me how?

(Note: I am not taking any testers at this time, I already have 5 lined up)

Animate in which way? Just for Blender? Or for MD2 format? If you want to export a MD2 model for SRB2, I'd recommend using Blender to shape the model, then Misfit Model 3D to animate it. (I don't think Blender armatures export to MD2 correctly. I'll have to test that.)

*ahem*

If you want to use the model for SRB2, then I would recommend that you use Blender to fix up and polish the original model, then go to File->Export->MD2. Then you should open the new MD2 file with Misfit Model 3D in order to animate it. (That's how I've done mine so far.)

However, if my later experiments with pose skeletons (bones, armatures, whatever) work out right, it would make animating with Misfit Model 3D much easier. (And if that works out, I could send you a Blender file of a SADX Sonic model that I fixed up so you could use it as a reference.)

light dasher said:
AHEM,I'm doing that anyway csmgiw so don't bother

He's not asking whether or not he should do it, he's looking for help. What you're doing is irrelevant to whatever actions csmgiw is trying to do. Since you know how to do it so well, why not try to lend a hand instead of being a general asshole, again? I can't, because I don't know, but you do, so why not try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back