How do you add a LUA to mods?

1. Make a folder in the pk3 called Lua (if you're using a Wad then you don't have to put a folder, just put LUA_ at the beginning of the file name example: LUA_BOOST
  2. drag-and-drop the .lua file into the Lua folder (again, if you're using a wad you don't have to put it in the folder just put LUA_ at the beginning of the file name)​
Post automatically merged:

and it's not LUA it's Lua

1. Make a folder in the pk3 called Lua (if you're using a Wad then you don't have to put a folder, just put LUA_ at the beginning of the file name example: LUA_BOOST
  2. drag-and-drop the .lua file into the Lua folder (again, if you're using a wad you don't have to put it in the folder just put LUA_ at the beginning of the file name)​
Post automatically merged:

and it's not LUA it's Lua
do i have to just put it there or i need to get the txt file?

in the pk3, make a folder called Lua
go into the folder
drag the .lua file (rename .txt file to .lua first) into the Lua folder in the pk3

If you want to add LUA files to your PK3, do the following:

Open up SLADE and create a new zip archive from the 'new' tab, after that, hit save and save it as a PK3.

Next, create a folder in the PK3 and label it as LUA. To insert lua files, drag the lua files to the LUA folder and boom, you are set and ready to go!

If you want to make lua files, you can make a lua file document and drag it to your PK3 or make a new entry in your LUA folder, hit view text and select SRB2 BLUA to make it a LUA file and simply just do, LUA_(name of file) or (name of file).lua

Remember you are just learning since this is your first time modding SRB2, so don't worry about any big mods or complicated LUA involved in the process. I also recommend looking at Rapidgame7's thread for guidance on where to start as well, it is helpful! :threat:👍

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back