how do i make characters?

metlallic sonciic

Foxfan20321
i really wanna make my overdriven metal idea but like, idk how

if anyone could teach me that would be epic

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

while im at it, i might aswell ask..
1 : is there a character mod maker
2 : would it be ok for me to post the beta wad/mod/addon here as just a test

I can't teach you given the nature of character making, but I can point you to a direction.
The SRB2 Wiki has many articles for different aspects of SRB2 modding.
Even if slightly outdated, the character creation tutorial is still relevant.

If this is your first time creating any kind of mod, I would greatly recommend you don't start with a character - A character involves considerable amounts of work, from spriting each sprite it will use to coding it so it stands out from the rest.
When starting out I'd recommend learning how to create sprite replacements for objects so you can learn the sprite system and naming used by the game, or learning Lua to be able to code in unique abilities for your character - or gameplay mods if you prefer.

while im at it, i might aswell ask..
1 : is there a character mod maker
2 : would it be ok for me to post the beta wad/mod/addon here as just a test
1) No, there isn't.
There is one for SRB2Kart but only because it's easy to create a Kart character and it doesn't require any extra work other than sprites, name and stats. Many of the sprites a character uses are essentially mirrors or copies of one of the already drawn sprites, so...
2) I'm not very certain, but from experience, it is, provided the work you want to post is clearly not the final version. Experiments and such are welcome, but if the mod has lots of work in or you consider it done, you might want to use the submission system instead.

I can't teach you given the nature of character making, but I can point you to a direction.
The SRB2 Wiki has many articles for different aspects of SRB2 modding.
Even if slightly outdated, the character creation tutorial is still relevant.

If this is your first time creating any kind of mod, I would greatly recommend you don't start with a character - A character involves considerable amounts of work, from spriting each sprite it will use to coding it so it stands out from the rest.
When starting out I'd recommend learning how to create sprite replacements for objects so you can learn the sprite system and naming used by the game, or learning Lua to be able to code in unique abilities for your character - or gameplay mods if you prefer.

1) No, there isn't.
There is one for SRB2Kart but only because it's easy to create a Kart character and it doesn't require any extra work other than sprites, name and stats. Many of the sprites a character uses are essentially mirrors or copies of one of the already drawn sprites, so...
2) I'm not very certain, but from experience, it is, provided the work you want to post is clearly not the final version. Experiments and such are welcome, but if the mod has lots of work in or you consider it done, you might want to use the submission system instead.

ill make my character mod, a LUA for metal, thanks

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back