How do i make a hud mod on android?

I can't help, but I can give directions.

Making mods in Android is going to be tough, given the limited amount of (if not none at all) utilities relevant to Doom modding in that platform, and the lack of flexibility that implies.

Consider doing mods in a proper computer, as most software will be available there.

If you still want to follow through despite complications, you're going to need to create a pk3 file (they're like zips, but with a special header only SLADE can create).
Then just... pretty much follow the same instructions for creating any mod, except you're now going to do it with a zip manager.
There are some limitations though. For example, you won't be able to convert images to Doom format, but that's okay since there's PNG support for sprites.

Note that due to the lack of specialization, you're not going to be able to order the files within the pk3, unlike SLADE which allows you to order lumps in any order you wish. This may be important if you plan on doing something slightly more complex than a "hud mod".

I can't help, but I can give directions.

Making mods in Android is going to be tough, given the limited amount of (if not none at all) utilities relevant to Doom modding in that platform, and the lack of flexibility that implies.

Consider doing mods in a proper computer, as most software will be available there.

If you still want to follow through despite complications, you're going to need to create a pk3 file (they're like zips, but with a special header only SLADE can create).
Then just... pretty much follow the same instructions for creating any mod, except you're now going to do it with a zip manager.
There are some limitations though. For example, you won't be able to convert images to Doom format, but that's okay since there's PNG support for sprites.

Note that due to the lack of specialization, you're not going to be able to order the files within the pk3, unlike SLADE which allows you to order lumps in any order you wish. This may be important if you plan on doing something slightly more complex than a "hud mod".
I just made a .pk3 file
Post automatically merged:

I got the code done

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back