How did you found sonic?

My Dad had gotten a GameCube when I was really young, and one of those games he got with it was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Playing it in the living room late at night is actually the earliest memory I have of being alive. Sometime later, I he got me Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Riders, and at that point, I was already hooked on the series. Side note, the irony is that my Dad, who likes Mario way more than Sonic, accidentally made his son a huge Sonic fan for pretty much his whole life.

My memory is insanely fuzzy (I wasn't even old enough to type), but it started when I was just fucking around in the world of Flash games at the small age of four-five (late 2008 to early 2009?) and the XBOX Live demos and trailers they had at the time, when a combination of the two introduced me to both Sonic 1 and Sonic Unleashed.

Now, this Flash game of Sonic 1 in hindsight is literally one of the worst versions of Sonic 1 to ever exist. It's incredibly broken to control and lots of the stage is straight up missing, and for a while this gave a bad impression to me. There was another Sonic flash game (one that had Ice Cap Zone as the boss theme for some reason) that was SO MUCH BETTER and changed my mind about Sonic.

Now, back to Sonic Unleashed. XBOX Live used to have this thing (the dashboard was different) where they would have these trailers for games and there'd be demos. I just so happened to come across Sonic Unleashed and it was one of the most strangest yet awesome things I've ever seen.

At the time, I loved Drum and Bass and synth rock (even if DnB had no name back at the time) so Sonic Unleashed's trailer music was right up my alley. I thought Super Sonic was another character entirely and come to think of it, they didn't really explain what the game was about and why Sonic turned into a stretchy werewolf with a 20-a-day habit. THAT DID NOT MATTER. I looked it up (aka smooshed my fat baby fingers on the keyboard until Sonic popped up) and eventually got it off the store shelves a few weeks later. This was when Unleashed was BRAND NEW. I liked the game, but I had to buy a total of 7 copies because the discs would just keep getting scratched to high hell.

After getting Unleashed, I looked towards to playing the "other Sonic games" and had my dad get me the Microsoft Points to get Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic 3. Ironically, I couldn't even play them all because I didn't have the money to get Sonic and Knuckles. Shame. I still had fun, though! Experiencing Sonic at such a young age profoundly affected my musical taste and much of my art and I have no shame on admitting that and I have a newfound appreciation of Sonic after looking back at many of the games 10 years later.

But if there's one thing I wish I had, it'd be one thing.

Why couldn't Sonic Unleashed be on the fucking PC? It's been 12 years Sega, I think it wouldn't hurt to arrange some meetings with your team.

My memory is insanely fuzzy (I wasn't even old enough to type), but it started when I was just fucking around in the world of Flash games at the small age of four-five (late 2008 to early 2009?) and the XBOX Live demos and trailers they had at the time, when a combination of the two introduced me to both Sonic 1 and Sonic Unleashed.

Now, this Flash game of Sonic 1 in hindsight is literally one of the worst versions of Sonic 1 to ever exist. It's incredibly broken to control and lots of the stage is straight up missing, and for a while this gave a bad impression to me. There was another Sonic flash game (one that had Ice Cap Zone as the boss theme for some reason) that was SO MUCH BETTER and changed my mind about Sonic.

Now, back to Sonic Unleashed. XBOX Live used to have this thing (the dashboard was different) where they would have these trailers for games and there'd be demos. I just so happened to come across Sonic Unleashed and it was one of the most strangest yet awesome things I've ever seen.

At the time, I loved Drum and Bass and synth rock (even if DnB had no name back at the time) so Sonic Unleashed's trailer music was right up my alley. I thought Super Sonic was another character entirely and come to think of it, they didn't really explain what the game was about and why Sonic turned into a stretchy werewolf with a 20-a-day habit. THAT DID NOT MATTER. I looked it up (aka smooshed my fat baby fingers on the keyboard until Sonic popped up) and eventually got it off the store shelves a few weeks later. This was when Unleashed was BRAND NEW. I liked the game, but I had to buy a total of 7 copies because the discs would just keep getting scratched to high hell.

After getting Unleashed, I looked towards to playing the "other Sonic games" and had my dad get me the Microsoft Points to get Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic 3. Ironically, I couldn't even play them all because I didn't have the money to get Sonic and Knuckles. Shame. I still had fun, though! Experiencing Sonic at such a young age profoundly affected my musical taste and much of my art and I have no shame on admitting that and I have a newfound appreciation of Sonic after looking back at many of the games 10 years later.

But if there's one thing I wish I had, it'd be one thing.

Why couldn't Sonic Unleashed be on the fucking PC? It's been 12 years Sega, I think it wouldn't hurt to arrange some meetings with your team.
That's what I'm sayin But got xbox one hook up to pc To play it

I first saw sonic when I was like 8 lol, I was watching Sonic X with my mom around 2014-2015?????
The first actual Sonic game I played was Sonic Colors.

i remember back in 2013 i discovered sonic by watching sonic X
they was always airing it after my school so i was hurry to the house to watch it
i think too i knew sonic of flash games
i remember in summer 2019 i played sonic mania plus and it let me know sonic more !
than from 2020 i became a sonic fan ! (i know long period heh ? LOL)

I discovered it playing Sonic Mania, I had never played or been interested in the saga, I saw it on steam on sale, it cost me little more than one euro and I completely fell in love with the game, then I played the classics (sonic 1,2 and 3 ) and also sonic adventure.

Sonic mania is incredible, it made me fall in love with this saga.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl... Just Smash Bros Brawl *gets Vietnam Flashbacks of his Famous "You're Too Slow" Quote* that aside i also knew of him on youtube, Smash 4, Sonic Boom (The Animated Series, not Rise of Lyric), Even Freaking Rom Hacks, and then i got the Storybook Games, from that moment as i met Tails... thats how i became a huge fan of the series because of Sonic and Tails

Last edited:
SRB2 actually, my older brothers and sister use to all sit together and just play some 1.904 slipt-screen co-op, then my eldest brother introduced me to a bunch of sonic fan-games and I eventually fell through to play the original games, ever since then I've been attached to SRB2 and Sonic as a whole.

I dont exactly remember but i guess 2002?

I was a kid and my brothers REALLY wanted me to play the PlayStation/2 over the Snes and MegaDrive cos they were old systems and they didnt want to bother setting it up.

i had a fascination over it ever since... I did manage to play it some times but never got a large amount of time to properly test all the games we had for MegaDrive. We had Sonic1,2 and knuckles and i instantly was gripped by the blue blur. We also had zool, and some winter Olympic games... again was transfixed on Sonic so i dont remember it much

The rest is histroy.

Pretty sure my first experience was with the Sega Genesis back in the mid 90s...I only owned a NES at the time (hah), but I had a friend who owned the Sega Genesis...and of course that Genesis had been bundled with Sonic 2. So I would come over and sometimes play it with them, including the included 2 player with the levels and special stage. I was a Mario fan at the time, but playing Sonic 2 really stuck in my head and kept me curious about the series for a long time.

Years later I managed to get some of the PC ports of the games (ye old Expert Software ports) after having spotted a bin at a Best Buy full of Sega PC games. I then managed to buy a used dreamcast with new copies of SA1, SA2, and Sonic Shuffle not long after that. It was one heck of a way to dive into the series....long before I had access to the internet too. So it was an exposure at its purist.

I came to know about Sonic since the 90s. I used to watch Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, but never got a chance to play any of the games until I was in middle school, and I first played Ultimate Flash Sonic. That was my go-to game every day after school. And then eventually on my birthday, my brother got me Sonic Mega Collection + on the PS2.

I remember I made my first friend in middle school, during the 1st week of school, I saw him play Sonic Advance 2 on GBA, and he was having trouble beating Eggman (Music Plant boss) and so he let me try and I was able to help him beat it. And our friendship kicked off from there, he and I wouldn't stop talking about Sonic every day

i was scrolling on my tablet until i found sonic 1 then i went to the app store and found sonic 1 and sonic 2 play them unlocked debug and the i was pretty much a fan

i first heard of him as a kid from random videos recommended to me on YouTube of the blue boi and then i downloaded the demo of SA2 onto my ps3 and was hooked. then i finally got to play a Sonic game Legit with Sonic generations which that was fun and now i cant get away from the blue man.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back