How can I transfer save data from Windows to Flatpak versions?

Good evening, everyone!

I'm switching boats from Windows to a Linux distro (specifically KDE Neon). As part of the process, I want to migrate my profile and save data from the Windows version of Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers to the Flatpak version.

However, I'm not entirely sure about how to carry this. I've tried to search on the web and even asked Copilot about how to do it, and at best it tells me about this ~/.var/app/org.kartkrew.RingRacers/.ringracers directory for game data in the Flatpak release but nothing else.

Can anyone aid me in this regard? I'd be greatly thankful for it!

The files ringdata.dat and ringprofiles.prf are the ones you want to transfer between devices. In each version of the game, those files are located in:
  • Windows: the installation folder of the game, i.e. where ringracers.exe is located
  • Linux: The evaluated path $HOME/.ringracers. Under Flatpak, due to sandboxing, this will be located in $HOME/.var/app/org.kartkrew.RingRacers/.ringracers.
  • Mac: The same as Linux but the directory name is ringracers instead of .ringracers.
Note that on Linux, files and directories preceded with . are often considered "hidden" and not shown by default in file browsers and by the ls command in shells. You will need to turn on hidden files. In Dolphin, to my memory this is on the shortcut Alt+.

Last edited:
Back