How can I record 256 colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use CamStudio, but whenever I try to record a game that uses 256 colors(SonicCD, for instance), the screen is black. The sound is fine however, but no level music, only rings, jumps and hits. Can anyone direct me to an answer?

Yes, but I would have to buy Fraps, or 30 second videos for me, and I don't know how to import a video into another.

Do you have Windows Movie Maker?

You can use it to combine your 30 second videos together and compress 'em.

shadowrulz0 said:
Hypercam makes sounds go out of place.

Hypercam sucks in general. It makes things so really slow, it has the aforementioned sound problem, and it puts a really ugly watermark on your video. Fraps is SO much better.

I use snagit for video recording. I personally had no issues with it yet. In my opinion, Snagit is very customizable, you can also decide to record with or without sound. What's best is that it's able to take certain types of captures, such as webpage or picture captures.
Snagit is the best piece of capturing material I've ever seen thus far.

The thing about Fraps is this: I've yet to see another recording program that directly hooks into the DirectX and OpenGL surfaces of Windows games and uses that to take advantage of accelerated recording. All the others use methods that are friendly with non-video surface programs, but you have to admit - they are much slower than Fraps when it comes to recording games. That alone makes Fraps worth the price of admission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back