How can I play as a mod character on multiplayer in SRB2Kart?

Caltoons

i want to play with modded characters in multiplayer, and whenever i go to find servers they give me a warning about having loaded modded characters in multiplayer, i go to a server who says it supports mods and this message appears:

"You have WAD files loaded or have modified the game in some way, and your file list does not match the server's file list. Please restart SRB2Kart before connecting."

and they lunch me right to the title screen.

Welcome to the SRB2MB!

In multiplayer, only the netgame host can add mods. Whichever mods are being used by the host will be added automatically for you when you join, and if you don't have them SRB2 will attempt to download them directly from the host. If it can't, you'll just have to search for them elsewhere (like the releases section) instead.

In short, just join servers without loading any mods yourself, and if you want to play online with mods of your choosing, you'll need to host the game yourself.

Also, speaking as a mod for a moment, please capitalize your "I"s. Rule 3 doesn't demand perfection here, just effort.

Last edited:
While I know this question has been resolved, I wanted to add a tip.

In the Advanced Options under Server Options, you can increase the Join Timeout so that the game will not kick you out as fast if you need to download mods.

That variable is for servers to set how long to wait for a connecting player before forcing them out, not for players to set so they have more grace time downloading things.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back