How can i get 3D Models on Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart on Linux?

nekoflyy

i am speed
SRB2 Kart was installed via flatpak and i am running Zorin OS 15.3 which is based on Ubuntu 18.04.2

yes all of them are windows

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

The problem (i think) is that there is no opengl version of this for Linux. ive tried 'flatpak run org.srb2.SRB2Kart --opengl' and the game opens but there is no opengl settings.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

vG8ZKBo

the mdls.dat and the mdls folders were added (im now using pop os)

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

https://imgur.com/a/vG8ZKBo

/.var/app contains all the user-specific files for Flatpaks. IN the SRB2Kart folder, in the nested folder /.srb2 or /.srb2kart or whatever, make a new directory called "models" and store model files in there. I think you have to make your own models.dat also in the dot folder, but after that models should work.

The command is -opengl not --opengl and yes go to $/.var/app and search for .srb2, here put your models.dat and put the models in the models folder

The command is -opengl not --opengl and yes go to $/.var/app and search for .srb2, here put your models.dat and put the models in the models folder
works for srb2 but not for kart

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

/.var/app contains all the user-specific files for Flatpaks. IN the SRB2Kart folder, in the nested folder /.srb2 or /.srb2kart or whatever, make a new directory called "models" and store model files in there. I think you have to make your own models.dat also in the dot folder, but after that models should work.

tysm! this worked

Thanks for the actual command. I used menulibre to automatically open the game in OpenGL mode.

Sent from my iPhone using ********

Can you make a YouTube tutorial or something, I can't figure it out.

Can you make a YouTube tutorial or something, I can't figure it out.
If you can't see these folders, press Ctrl-H. If that doesn't work, there's an option in one of the menus to show hidden folders (they all have . at the start of their name)

If you can't see these folders, press Ctrl-H. If that doesn't work, there's an option in one of the menus to show hidden folders (they all have . at the start of their name)
I know that, but as a basic boyo, I could not understand the instructions :devastation:

I know that, but as a basic boyo, I could not understand the instructions :devastation:
I don't know how to write a models.dat file, but Jeck Jims has one that you can copy, and if you follow the instructions on the Jeck Jims models addon page, with the appdata folder replaced with ~/.var/app/org.SRB2.srb2/.srb2, it'll work.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back