hosting game help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you.....

Have you set 'advertise on internet' to yes? If you did, and he still can't find it, you might want to tell him your IP adress, so he can use the 'join game (IP adress)' function.

And you also might have a internet connection that doesn't work with the master server.

He said that it keeps getting removed from the list, which means that he knows how to advertise already.

As for the problem at hand, your server's probably just getting bumped off the list by other servers, nothing you can do to prevent that. Joining via IP is much more reliable.

Ritz said:
As for the problem at hand, your server's probably just getting bumped off the list by other servers, nothing you can do to prevent that. Joining via IP is much more reliable.

the "servers bumping off the list" bug had been fixed already, a week ago

they cant get to it, cuz it keeps removing it

they cant get to it through IP eather, it stays on for a little while, and then the master server stops hosting it
I have cable internet...
and my firewall and everything that would mess it up are put into sleep mode/deactivated when I play

The master server doesn't host games, it lists them. If your connection is capable of hosting, your friends will still be able to join through the 'Join Game (Specify IP)' option.

...Provided they know your IP address. They probably don't. To get it, go here and give the big number at the top to your friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back