help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailsman

hi i am new hear and i ran into a problem. the game keeps shuting off and a thing comes up and it says savefiletomem. i got the game from a friend who burnt it :(

Savememtofile...
I've heard of that.
...delete config.cfg?
I do that when I set the snow/rain dist. too high. ;P

Anyway, WTTF*!

*Welcome To The Forums

Why get it from someone that burnt it? Just download the install file and go.

fox.dx2 said:
I get that same error evey time I have 2 or more SRB2 programs on.

i tried running 2 srb2 programs, but that didnt work it said something about the Fmod.dll i think

Its just the huge file size compared to the download rate of dial up, if I can remember, 56K downloads at 5-10Kb/s (Average DL speed 8Kb/s).

Srb2's installer is a hefty 65.6Mb.

65,600,000B - srb2's installer size.
8,000K - How much is downloaded in a second.

-------------
8,000...........................................= 8125 seconds, divide this by 60 and: 135 minutes, 2 hours, 15 minutes.

Ooh, thats a while.

Right, but I'm guessing what he did is rather than burning the install file to a CD, his friend just burnt his whole SRB2 directory.

I was doing on an average speed, these internet service providers advertise in bits, not bytes, if it was bytes, then you would be using something advertised as 8Kb/s.

Advertised internet speed (bits)
------------------------------------

=actual internet speed. (Bytes)

You're presuming Dial-up uses 8KBPS.
In reality, more like 3-4.

Occasionally you get 5, but that's RARE.

That would be 28Kb/s, then, i'm talking about 56Kb/s.

Anyway, thats what I had when I still used it.

Dialup can go at a maximum of 53333 bps, so the maximum you can possibly get is around 6 KB/s.

Anything higher is done with compression, so for instance, if you're downloading a .txt file, it automatically compresses the file and extracts it on your end, which increases download rate a tad.

You should have had him burn the install file for you, instead of his folder.

What happened is when you burn things to a CD, all the files get marked with the "Read Only" flag. You need to select all of the files and uncheck the "Read Only" box in their properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back