Help With XWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan Ryan

Netcode Nancy
How do I get it to make the blue part around the sprites? I am having a hard time creating words and stuff because of this problem.

...people still use paint to make sprites? It seems rather unprofessional...

furyhunter600 said:
...people still use paint to make sprites? It seems rather unprofessional...
Paint is speedy, free and easy to use. Just open it up and you can edit the pixels directly with no trouble.

I'm pretty sure that GraphicsGale is also speedy, free, and easy to use. And it is much more suited towards pixel art, with things like onion skinning and 256-color indexed palette support.

Spleh, I still say paint is underrated. It's just that the tons of crappy stuff made with paint makes people think of it as terrible.

Unless someone created some sort of Paint program with Game Maker, then isn't that impossible? Games =/= sprites.

Game Maker is impractical for making utility applications. It takes up too much memory and CPU, plus it requires DirectX 8. The runtime engine is designed for games, so you should probably only use it for such. MMF can do applications better, for it natively supports lots of Windows controls such as buttons, lists, the like, and it also takes less CPU. It's still rather impractical, though, with the amount of memory used (plus the fact that it still uses the drawing surface, which you can turn off only in the Developer version).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back