help with wads [again]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pie595

tails rocks!!
i can add wads but their dont still in the game. Like when i add supersonic.wad and then quit the game, i have to add the wad file again! can someone try to tell fix this or tell my it does?

i can add wads but their dont still in the game. Like when i add supersonic.wad and then quit the game, i have to add the wad file again! can someone try to tell fix this or tell my it does?
Well, that's how it goes. SRB2 is built this way and you have to add the files everytime you start it.

You could use an autoexec.cfg. It will automatically add the WAD each time you start the game. Open Notepad, write this:
addfile wadname.wad
for each WAD you want to add, just like you would add them in the console. Save it in your SRB2 folder as type "All Files", and name it autoexec.cfg.
When you don't need it anymore, just rename the autoexec, and the WADs won't be loaded.

Last edited:
You could use an autoexec.cfg. It will automatically add the WAD each time you start the game. Open Notepad, write this:
addfile wadname.wad
for each WAD you want to add, just like you would add them in the console. Save it in your SRB2 folder as type "All Files", and name it autoexec.cfg.
When you don't need it anymore, just rename the autoexec, and the WADs won't be loaded.

That helps alot.

By the way, there is a reason why they do this(auto reset wad char)

If you add a wad character it modify the game save...so it says "Reset the game to save"...wads are modifing SAVING FILE...

But VX501 is right...his idea is realy usefull if you want to play single every time...(or multiplayer if you host...only host!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back