Help with split screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowen

Well you see the problem is with my split screen, Me and my friends have a total of 2 computers and a total of four players, so what we would normally do is we would lan the two computers and use the SRB2 net launcher and select split screen mode, then we host and join so that the four players are playing. However, evry once in a while the game will just exit and it will say something like: "segment() violation" and then we will try playing again, and a few min. later, it does the same thing. We would use a new launcher but none of the new ones (such as SRB2MS launcher) have a split screen thing that would allow you to join a LAN game with split screen. So, what should I do to make this four player, two computer deal work?

Tried switch splitscreen from the game (not from the launcher)? Really I don't know why happens. However, I never use the launcher, so...

Flowen said:
We would use a new launcher but none of the new ones (such as SRB2MS launcher) have a split screen thing that would allow you to join a LAN game with split screen.
The current version of the SRB2MS launcher allows split-screen, but I haven't released it yet. :-) Give me a few days to patch up the nastier bugs and I'll release a newer version, although I doubt very much whether that'll solve the problem. Meanwhile, do what Sik said.

Splitscreen is not officially supported in netplay at all. The fact that you've gotten it working at all is pure luck. The only way to go above 2 players with stable netplay is to use one person on each computer, without splitscreen.

Yeah, it would be nice if we could do a 4 player splitscreen on 2 computers, but keeping splitscreen working at all turns out to be rather difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back