help with comp record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowen

Hi, I'm wanting to make a few clips, but I need some help in doing so. Can any of you think of a program that records exactly what's going on on your computer screen and save it into a .wmv format? Please say yes! And thanks for giving me any help you can!

1. FRAPS is better in games than anything else. It actually uses something called hardware acceleration. For desktop recording, try Camstudio, but expect poor performance.

2. You can make .wmv files easily by using Windows Movie Maker. And as far as I know, movies you compile under Movie Maker don't get DRM embedded into them (good).

First off, you're insulting everybody in the world, including those who use Windows, by even considering the WMV format. At least have the sense for MPEG, please. Second of all, FRAPS works fine.

God forbid somebody use a format that works relatively well on Windows, regardless of other OSes. How insulting! I am insulted!

Maybe he needs it for tutorials and would rather use the relatively small file size of a WMV compared to the size of a MPEG :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back