• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

help with char wad (no its not a request i read the rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

v.g.m.

ok so i'm trying to make a character wad with these sprites

bdsrb2.jpg

and well many more the problem is i dont have a frontal/back view i'll get my friend who made these to make those though

ok so you see i already read that stickied topic how to make a char

you know like the ability = 1 etc... stuff

the problem is i dont know where to start

you see i downloaded the srb2 wad edit v0.6.0 i think thats the latest?

i tried to edit the senku wad on the site just to see if that would work

it wouldnt save any changes i made to its name / ability / other stuff

i dont know how to import sprites or anything else if i can figure how it works i think i'd be able to make the character cus i preety mutch have all the images needed i already planned out the blah blah blah = stuff

i just dont know how to put it together

meh this character isnt capable of haveing all the sprites i think i'll try something easyer as a first wad...

Uh, don't use SRB2 WAD Editor. Please.

I said:
Geez, SRB2 WAD Editor is old stuff now. It doesn't even work half the time!

SRB2 WAD Editor has been deprecated with newer versions of XWE. As of 5/7/06, a prerelease version of XWE supports lowercase naming. The latest stable version is also a good choice - it just lacks the aforementioned lowercase naming. Though, I will worn you: you'll have to be careful with using it. XWE is a little finicky with some processes, and might screw up your wadfile pretty dumbfoundedly. Though, when it's one of your only choices...
Link: http://www.doomworld.com/xwe/

As SSNTails doesn't exactly approve of XWE, I'll also say that DeePsea is a good choice. It's bloated as heck, but its lump management aspect is pretty comprehensive and overall solid. Just press F7! It's also safer to use than XWE!
Link: http://www.sbsoftware.com/

Don't contact me. I'm only doing a service to avert you from wasting your time. Ask other people, why not?
-Digi 5/7/06

ree c was that realy needed i do intend to see this wad through of course its not the blue darkness dude more of a ball with legs now

and the xwe things extactly what i need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back