Help with changing SRB2 assets. (FIXED)

SirIncompetent

helo u ar epic gamer
I'm trying to make a mod for SRB2 that makes GFZ look terrible for a meme, but when I added in my textures and edited them, GFZ still looked normal. I added in some pictures that might help. What I did was copy and paste the files from srb2.pk3 into my project and converted them to a PNG. (I use SLADE 3, by the way) I then exported them without changing the name, edited them in Paint.net (used srb2's color palette) and imported them back into my file with the same name. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me fix this! Thank you for your time.
Edit: This has been fixed.

Attachments

• cfg].PNG
    cfg].PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 113
  • xy hgy.PNG
    xy hgy.PNG
    2 KB · Views: 95
  • gvq3yjrg.PNG
    gvq3yjrg.PNG
    3.9 KB · Views: 106
  • cghtfgvdth.PNG
    cghtfgvdth.PNG
    29.1 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Pretty sure it's due to three things:
  • GFZ does not use GFZGRSW. You won't see a change by changing a texture that isn't used by the map lol.
  • GFZTILD1 and GFZTILD2 are not used by GFZ either. At least not directly.
  • Not only the previous points, but the composite textures made with these textures (if applicable) in the texture definition lump are only generated once, and that's when that lump is loaded.

Try copying the texture definition from SRB2 and using it? (Unless the one in your screenshot is SRB2's one lol)
Not sure if it lets you override existing definitions though, or if it lets you use PNG files for composite textures.
Worth a try?

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's due to three things:
  • GFZ does not use GFZGRSW. You won't see a change by changing a texture that isn't used by the map lol.
  • GFZTILD1 and GFZTILD2 are not used by GFZ either. At least not directly.
  • Not only the previous points, but the composite textures made with these textures (if applicable) in the texture definition lump are only generated once, and that's when that lump is loaded.

Try copying the texture definition from SRB2 and using it? (Unless the one in your screenshot is SRB2's one lol)
Not sure if it lets you override existing definitions though, or if it lets you use PNG files for composite textures.
Worth a try?[/QUOTE
Alright, thanks a lot! I guess I was just being stupid. By the way, my texture definition was just copy and pasted over from SRB2's one. I probably should have cleared that up.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back