Has anyone made a Kirby wad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashovare

I'm going to learn how to make a character, and I want to make it out of Kirby. Has anyone made a Kirby wad?

Be prepared to:
*Make 150+ 128x128 sprites, preferably drawn, scanned and colored according to the SRB2 pallet.
*Spend countless hours doing said thing
*Withstand criticism.

Though think of the rewards:
*Good wad releases often boosts your community ego
*You'll be proud of the effort you put into your final work
*You probably won't have nearly as much of a challenge making another character wad
*Post it on your website and you'll probably gain more hits.

So yeah, up for it? Don't get discouraged, you can also modify (read: put effort into editing a premade character and not just recoloring since color feature is already IN SRB2.) another to get a hang of the whole wad structure and pallet limitations.

1-Up said:
Go to Chaos Zero 64's site to get him. I think it hasn't been ported yet though.

Could you give me a link? I tried looking him up in earch but didn't find him. Oh, once I import wads, how do I export them so it's like they were never there?

That kinda stinks. Anyway, I've tried the Kirby wad out, and the guy had the same type of ideas I had. So, I'm going to try to make a Kirby wad, but a lot better, and a lot cooler. (And also I'm going to have homing Kirby, Glide Kirby, and Fly Kirby. Not the fly this Kirby has...it's way messed up.)

It does not have the "actionspd = 1" in its S_SKIN. It defaults to the highest (60 I think), and that is why his fly is messed up.

Okay, I think I get it now.

Whenever I leave the game and come back, the Kirby wad is gone. Is that supposed to happen? And all those files I download from this site, like acidtechmissle.wad (or something like that) are .php and not .wad. So I can't get them into my game.

You're not downloading the correct files if they're .php instead of .wad.

And also, yeah, WADs remove themselves after you quit. It's never bothered me, really.

Problem with the WADs

I went to the site with the Kirby WAD and I also found several others like the Chaos WAD, but they won't run, just the kirby.
Help me out with that.

If you got it off a WAD site, chances are it was full of crappy and/or outdated WADs. There are a number of reasons why it wouldn't work.

Okay. Well, whenever I get the time to learn to soc I want to try making a character. Maybe I'll make a better kirby.wad

It's not the kirby WAD

The Kirby WAD Works, it's the Chaos WAD that is wierd. When I add it, it says it found it, but it doesn't show on the game itself.

Re: It's not the kirby WAD

tribal671 said:
The Kirby WAD Works, it's the Chaos WAD that is wierd. When I add it, it says it found it, but it doesn't show on the game itself.
Chaos is probably Multiplayer only.

Also, I don't care if your avatar is a meme, it's racist. Take it down.

I don't think so

I checked Multiplayer, but it still wasn't there.

Oh, sorry, I just put that avatar up cuz I thought it was funny, no offense. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back