Hamachi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god not again V_V;

You start Hamachi, join or create a network (or like a lobby for you to chat with other people, which is kinda like XFire), and use the person's new IP to connect.

I think he means it from a technical point of view. EG. how it hosts the game, how it goes around the ports, that sort of thing. After all, I am still wondering how the thing actually manages to work.

But then again, that report on the hack... that pretty much speaks for itself. It probably takes all of the port security and throws it out the window.

It sets up an Internet lan kinda thing. just conect to it then play a net game over local lan. All it does is make your computer think that theres lan set up.

... And because of that, the security things let stuff go by as though it were on your local network, which simply has another set of rules and does not surpass security entirely. It is still your own damn fault if you went and got yourself hacked by someone.

Maybe they wouldn't. >_> Maybe they didn't.
Maybe you didn't read and understand my whole post which was meant to imply that deleting Hamachi was not the only solution.
Maybe I forgot I'm trying to teach a bunch of 13 year olds about that fun thing called "network security".
Maybe bad things occasionally happen to anyone, regardless of any precautions taken against said things (For example, my website.) and you're so scared you immediately give up on something the moment it allows something bad to happen.
Or maybe it wasn't Hamachi's fault at all? I don't recall you saying you actually had any proof it was someone connecting to you through Hamachi which caused ... Wait, I don't even remember you stating exactly what happened, "I got hacked" is such a broad term nowadays...

Well maybe but they or it had changed the admin settings on my computer. I couldent get on in safe mode to log on as the admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back