Hamachi

Status
Not open for further replies.
phazon sonic said:
Seems ok, I'm gonna download it. *downloads*
user name: PSnet
password: join
When you say lan, do you meen, no lag in net game?
Probably not, it's not technically LAN, it's still over the internet.

phazon sonic said:
Seems ok, I'm gonna download it. *downloads*
user name: PSnet
password: join
When you say lan, do you meen, no lag in net game?

LAN stands for Local Area Network. Meaning that computers in a certain area (office, schools, even your house if you set up a lan party ETC.) can share files and play multiplayer and stuff. If all the computers are in the same area I suppose it would minimize lag, but seeing as this is not LAN (its similair to it, except its over the internet) I doubt it would do much for reducing lag in net games.

You will always get joiners to come to your Host party. The password is used to prevent random people from joining the network. Though I see no point in that, since it won't let you create a new network without a password.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
To make it really simple, Hamachi just gives you a new, shorter IP.
Then... How would this work on a Saturn emulator? I was under the impression that it would let you connect to anything, regardless of weither or not the program in question actually has online support.

Hamachi fails

Sort of. This thing is only meant for people who can't host at all. If you can host, you don't need it. If you want to join someone's server that can't host, you need to log onto Hamachi and into that hoster's network.

Yeah I guess that helps kinda, not really, maybe not, ok ok it's worth less, but do you hear anyone complaining? No I only see what they've writen.

Yes you have, but he's usually not online. Come to TSnet, that's where Ryan and me are usually on. If both of us are here, we'll usually test out his SOC edits. When we do, use Ryan's IP.

It appears that if you are not an admin, Hamachi will say:

hamachinowork6op.png

Tailsonic apparently left TSnet when you kept annoyingly barging in on me and him playing together, and as he was the one 'hosting' the network... It ceased to exist.

Hamachi works exactly as I had expected it to; It apparently gets around port issues by tunneling everything through a high-speed third server (the "router", speaking in the LAN terms they like to use), which causes significant lag, but serves its purpose just fine...

Jason the Echidna said:
Hamachi works exactly as I had expected it to; It apparently gets around port issues by tunneling everything through a high-speed third server (the "router", speaking in the LAN terms they like to use), which causes significant lag, but serves its purpose just fine...

[url said:
http://www.hamachi.cc/howitworks[/url]]Hamachi is a UDP-based virtual private networking system. Its peers utilize the help of a 3rd node called mediation server to locate each other and to boot strap the connection between themselves. The connection itself is direct and once it's established no traffic flows through our servers.

somewhat true, JTE, the "server" is just there at the start, soo the peers can find eachother, and help connect to another, with NAT2NAT connections, as also shown here http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/addons/nat2nat.html

But I don't understand how that works out... How do they manage to connect directly to eachother without the use of UDP or TCP ports?... I must learn more, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back