Halo fangame special feature :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh...again, the glitches depend on how you do it. I've seen some very clean TGF games (See Sonic : Time Attacked) and some very glitchy C++ games. It just depends on how well you debug.

I do. Extensively. Hence why most of my games never make it past engine stage; I run into trouble before the actual game design begins. Heck, I was completely unsatisfied with TGF before I discovered pixel collision...

Bigboi said:
Too bad most people don't bother with debugging in TGF...

Yeah...but that still doesn't mean the tools are bad. You have to realize...how long does it take to make a game in C++? (As I said earlier, look at SRB2, Retro Sonic, Sonic Mettrix, Sonic Epoch...). It's a lot quicker than making a game in TGF. So, you'll see a lot more bad games churned out of TGF, simply because it's faster and easier.

Games created by programming languages generally run a lot better than games produced by game maker software because you can optimize stuff with programming. Hence faster execution and lower system requirements.

Shadow Hog said:
I do. Extensively. Hence why most of my games never make it past engine stage; I run into trouble before the actual game design begins. Heck, I was completely unsatisfied with TGF before I discovered pixel collision...
I know what pixel collision is :D. I just don't feel like using it, cause I'm lazy.

USC said:
It's a lot slower than making a game in TGF. So, you'll see a lot more bad games churned out of TGF, simply because it's faster and easier.

Gah, typing too fast will do that to you...
Anyways, FireMario, I know. I never said that CNC is best. However, it will make decent programs, without all the work needed for something like C++ or Python. So, it's good for those guys who want to make games, and have lots of ideas, but don't have the time to learn a real language. And it can produce good results. So, you shouldn't be so elitest, that you won't download a game made in CNC or TGF, like LostGameMaker was saying. That was my only complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back