HAALP! Texture problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Okay, I'm making a level completely out of custom textures and everything is going quite well, save for the following screenshots..

MarioBug.jpg

This one occurs in a 512x512 wall texture at the very bottom, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with any sectors because offsetting it fixes it.

MarioBug2.jpg

Again, 512x512.. in fact, it's the same texture. See that green line? Yeah, that shouldn't be there and doesn't show up in the original bitmap or in XWE.. any idea what's going on here?

MarioBug3.jpg

I... have no idea, this should be a slanted rail, but it seems to tile every 64 or so fracunits when it shouldn't. 464x120 (Wierd, I know).

If anyone knows what's wrong here, PLEASE tell me. x_x

Plzkthx.

A texture cannot have a patch of a height higher than 255. Therefore, ensure that your texture is split up into 4 patches, each of 128 height.

Horizontal size MUST be an exponent of 2. 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, etc... any of those. As of such you need to figure out a way to fill that extra space on your rails and do some extra texturing. Nasty, I know, but it's the only way it can work.

Look at the Scary/Angry Monkey Show or the green monkey on the side of Zim's wall for examples on how to compose stupidly large textures.

mario2cj.png

Just imagine Tails holding a camera...

Oh, and the Sonic one was simply to show how I fixed the wall textures, since the tiny stairs ruined them. Nothing really.

Do you think you can use that for your level, Shuffle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back