Guide how to fix game lag

Soniku11

Do you have inconsistent or volatile fps at best? and don't know how to fix it? here i pose you several ways that you have to fix such issues!.

1- The obvious, check your graphical config, as these usually run the best without making it look like a NES game:

Software render.

640x400 Resolution.

35 Fps cap.

2k Render dist (Both for regular and Nights mode).

Weather render disabled.

Skybox Disabled.

And that's as far as i can remember. I suggest you check the config.cfg file, to see how the commands are supposed to go, to be able to add it on an Autoexec.cfg file, to autoload that config every time, in case the Srb2 config gets reset to default for some reason (which it will happen a lot of times).

2- In case you're a server host, as a personal advice, i strongly recommend that you first check the mods performance and impact of the server, and that you try your best to balance it out trying have the most without killing the Fps.
The way to do this is the following:
Use "perfstats 1" on console to monitor the Game's performance, what you're looking for it's the most bottom stat called Game Logic.
The most optimal value for a server where it's just you idling is around 2-3k at max, it should NOT get past that, or else when you host, the people that join will feel the lag pretty bad at a long term.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back