God damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bigboi

I can't log in with Firefox. Words cannot describe how pissed I am.

71_crap32.gif

I'm so sorry, but I just had to.

Firefox gives me the login screen whenever I close the browser while it's going slowly/frozen. All I have to do to fix it is end firefox.exe in the task manager.

If that doesn't work, reinstall.

I'll admit, this MB HAS been acting funny lately; I check "log me in every time", but every time I come here on this specific computer, I still have to log in - twice - before I can see what posts are new. What the Heck...

I have to log in twice nowadays too... And I won't stay logged in with "log me in every time" checked either.

Shadow Hog said:
More or less. It only ever comes into play when you have more than one user logged on with another instance of Firefox open. Or at the very least, when Firefox thinks this is the case.

Also, Sepwich screws with your cookies whenever you log onto another message board on Sepwich. It really does bite the schlong.

... What version or FF are you using?
A few tips.

1. AVOID BETA VERSIONS AT ALL COST!---Betas are used for de-bugging and what better bug finders than the general public. If you are still using 1.4.5b, then upgrade to 1.5. The Mozilla staff save money on a de-bug team by releasing it to the people of the world to report bugs to them for free. Therefore, they are fulll of bugs and Mozilla wants you to find them and they will fix them in the newest version.

2. Don't over-open tabs. Everyone does it. I have three open at the time being. It overloads the bandwidth being input into that one window and it often chashes then. Do as I do... When you reach a fourth tab, open a new Window instead and work from there. Don't overuse the windows either. For some computers, they have just a little RAM left when the Photoshops and Flash Games are open and opening more and overloading your RAM could lead to the Blue Screen Of Death for windows. Instead, use Linux Red Hat if you can for a default OS. It doesn't use up as much RAM and is much more compatible with Mozilla than IE.

3. Don't close your screen. Firefox is loaded with protection that you may not know about. It will automatically delete your cookies that you downloaded onto FF when you close all FF windows. That would solve your login problem. The cookie that contains that password and username is deleted for saftey reasons (unless you save it when it prompts you). That is to prevent someone coming into your house, looking at history (it will also delete that if you set it) and visiting a page that you were logged into and still be logged in... Especially in the case of a bank account, as where you could lose all your money.

Actually, it was a side effect of the forum upgrades. Simply clear your cookies and it should fix itself. Sorry about that, but I'll be honest and say it's because I'm really ignorant as to how the forums really work, and often screw it up when I upgrade =P

Mystic said:
Actually, it was a side effect of the forum upgrades. Simply clear your cookies and it should fix itself. Sorry about that, but I'll be honest and say it's because I'm really ignorant as to how the forums really work, and often screw it up when I upgrade =P

Thanks.

Hey, if we can't have post counts, can we have custom user titles?

How come the join dates and post counts disappeared from the side panel of posts? I liked them there. You could tell who was a n00b that way.

Yes, we are all obviously outraged by this spawn of the N00b Protection Act. Change it back or we will send emails to you that say bad things about your mothers and hope we don't get circumvented by your spam filters. D:

If someone is truly a n00b, you won't need a post count to figure out that he's an idiot. Honestly, people.

The main reason I did that is so that people can't enlarge their e-penis by posting a bunch of garbage. People seem to sort of "respect" people by their post count, when they should really respect people on what they say.

At least bring back the registered date. That way you don't have to view the user's profile to see it.

You can still see who has the most posts by clicking on "Memberlist" and sorting by "Total posts" in desending order. It doesn't show the exact amount of posts, but hey, it works.

Yeah, I know. I tried to get rid of that, but I figured it wasn't worth the effort in figuring it out.

All the stuff I did was just alterations of the tables, so I'm too stupid to figure out how to alter the drop-down box =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back