• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

MellowJacket

The unreliable judge
Edit: 29/06/2020
Now open again after 6 years of being locked! If you want to read the more recent stuff as of 2020. Begin a few posts into page 60! Everything before that point is at least 6 years out of date, and the community has grown up a whole bunch since then I'd say.

The admin hijack at the bottom of this post is no longer relevant and was part of the old administration but kept in spoiler tags for preservation. (But not quoting images in this thread is still good advice, it can get pretty resource heavy for mobile users)
End Edit

For when you have something you want to post but it's not big enough to warrent a topic.

There was a discussion about why we didn't have a thread like this already on IRC, so why not? (Also I'd suggest avoiding Dropbox links, they are dynamic and can change. Or so I've been warned~)

To get things started~

29oj7eaobtrbgclfg.jpg

A level I've been chipping away at from time to time for the past few days, Amazon Jungle/Temple ruins themed. It's not particularly amazing so far, but it's a start.

Admin hijacking
Due to issues in the topic, infractions will be issued for single-sprite displays. It is required to show that ample progress has been made in whatever project you have been working on in order to display it here. Single screenshots are fine for proof-of-concepts for levels. Characters need more work than a single sprite or even single frame to be displayed here.

Also, no quoting images. If you have to, put the images in spoiler tags. It clutters the forums and makes reading a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
Great idea. I like that level you showed btw, looks really great imo.

What I have just begun working on, but have not done enough to show it on editing, is a Shadow the Hedgehog TC mod (Similar to what TSDude and I are working on with the Sonic Adventure 2 TC mod).

Here are some pictures.

I'm currently working on a Match map with a theme that hasn't been used before.

It's called Construction Chaos Zone:
2821if7.png

As you can see, it is very unfinished, which isn't helped by the fact that I'm a little low on ideas for what to put where.

Well, this is something me and a few others have been working off and on for awhile, I guess it wouldn't hurt to show it off here:

srb20562.png

Welcome to SRB2 "Top Down", a mod that lets you play SRB2 from a whole new angle! Taking inspiration from Spiral Knights and using some it's assets, and mixing it with Sonic 3D Blast, we hope to bring a new form of adventures to SRB2.

srb20622.png

srb20633.png

srb20618.png

This mod, like the name implies, lets you play the levels in a top-down view. To support this change, we have made the default movement controls analog. And thanks to Sryder13's help, we have a custom exe built to support this change fixing it in Multiplayer.

srb20626.png

We are also building custom badniks for the levels, currently we have one main one that is known as the "Rocket Turret", made by Badnik/Badz. It fires off two homing rockets that will chase after the closest character, and will change targets while in flight to look for the closest one at all times.

Currently the project is on a bit of a hold while other stuff is being worked on, hopefully we can get more progress done later

Last edited:
Well, this is something me and a few others have been working off and on for awhile, I guess it wouldn't hurt to show it off here:

srb20562.png

Welcome to SRB2 "Top Down", a mod that lets you play SRB2 from a whole new angle!

srb20622.png

srb20633.png

This mod, like the name implies, lets you play the levels in a top-down view. To support this change, we have made the default movement controls analog. And thanks to Sryder13's help, we have a custom exe built to support this change fixing it in Multiplayer.

srb20626.png

We are also building custom badniks for the levels, currently we have one main one that is known as the "Rocket Turret", made by Badnik/Badz. It fires off two homing rockets that will chase after the closest character, and will change targets while in flight to look for the closest one at all times.

Currently the project is on a bit of a hold while other stuff is being worked on, hopefully we can get more progress done later

Me gusta. I'd like to see some more progress on this. (At your own pace)

srb20062.png

I wonder how many more times this image will be posted before 2.1 is released?

Place your bids now.

Yeah, uses 2.0. It's not really using any 2.1 features that're particularly needed. Plus it's a source mod, you don't need to depend on releases for those.

srb20562.png

Welcome to SRB2 "Top Down", a mod that lets you play SRB2 from a whole new angle!

srb20622.png

srb20633.png

srb20626.png

For some reason this look's like something from sonic battle. It has similar camera angles and similar textures. It even has some power hud on the top left corner.

I'm working on something as well. I'm not sure if I'll ever finish it, but you can bet that I'll get pretty far in the project. Basically, it aims to be (at least) an 8-zone level pack, each with 3 acts. I plan to make each act slightly short to compensate for the number of acts, but with plenty of exploration and paths to improve the experience. And I'm not just saying that passively. I LOVE path splits, secrets, and all that jazz matazz. So expect a lot of it. And now, without further adieu, screenshots of the first zone. Oh and by the way, the level pack's current name is "Chaotic Earth" until I think of a better one. Which probably won't happen. Ever.
srb20326.png
The beginning of level 1. Yay. Not much to say here, but as you can see, there's already a path split as early as this. And don't worry, they merge.
srb20327.png
Ah, what a nice view of the start of the level...oh, wait a minute. I didn't take the screenshot in the right place. Whoops.
srb20328.png
Toward the end of act 1, you have to cross the sea. Be sure to look around a bit...
srb20329.png
The start of act 2. It's...darker. And faster. And shorter. There are plenty of speed pads in this level, but don't rely on them too much.
srb20330.png
The end of act 2. It only took me like 1:50 to get here, and I wasn't even going fast. Screenshot glitches, yay~
srb20331.png
And lastly, the totally unfinished third act. This is the only screen I can take of this act for now, until it's not plagued with unfinished-ness.

Last edited:
No, it's a blatant ripoff of Spiral Knights.

Your point? Besides textures and the idea of enemy gates, it plays nothing like Spiral Knights. It's a Sonic game.

Are you saying you've never seen other people make levels that take ideas or graphics from existing games?

Last edited:
I don't have a point. I was just clearing up any misconceptions as the post announcing the project neglected to mention the source material.

Last edited:
Okay, to clear things up a bit I have updated my post to point out that yes, the project has stuff ripped and inspired off from Spiral Knights.

Oh lookie, a chance for me to post my recol- projects.
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

I'm practicing anti-aisiling and some other sprite technique stuff...thingies.

I hope senpai Iceman404 doesn't put Mr. Talent's Tentacles on my art.

Last edited:
Oh lookie, a chance for me to post my recol- projects.

I'm practicing anti-aisiling and some other sprite technique stuff...thingies.

I hope senpai Iceman404 doesn't put Mr. Talent's Tentacles on my art.

I don't know if this will help you, but I figured I'd mention that it's a good idea to try to use as little "outlines" as possible. It opens up a whole lot more colors that you will be able to use for your sprites.

@CoatRack:
I look at this and think it would benefit heaps from 2.1's LUA scripting. You guys developing it for 2.0 or are you planning for 2.1?

We have a fully working exe mod right now that has all the needed features, so I am hoping to get a release out before 2.1. Although LUA might lend a huge hand in the custom enemy area, but we should be able to make socs do the work until then.

srb20562.png

Welcome to SRB2 "Top Down", a mod that lets you play SRB2 from a whole new angle! Taking inspiration from Spiral Knights and using some it's assets, and mixing it with Sonic 3D Blast, we hope to bring a new form of adventures to SRB2.

srb20622.png

srb20633.png

srb20618.png

srb20626.png

This is very impressive. This looks good by looking at the pictures. When you say "we plan to have it released before 2.1", do you have a specific month in mind or is it going to be released whenever it feels done?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back