• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

That looks quite nice visually. Reminds me of Arid Canyon Zone, but at sunset and with some mountainous terrain here and there.

Did a little bit of a "Redraw" On blake.
Looks nice, more Chuckles like in terms of... well... look. Anyways, Im proud of It. Here it is:
3W4V5gb.png

Last edited:
IKt5sDM.gif

Hooray for HUD changes! On a side note Jasper will get hurt after he uncurls in the air making his ability a somewhat risky move if he can't shoot enemies below well. Still have to implement regeneration to the stars, but how I will and what total amount of stars Jasper can carry at one time will probably boil down to constant play-testing to see what's balanced but at the same time fun.

That must be a pain to play, because I can't see a damn thing in front of the facestabber. You should do something about his camera.

Would it be possible to script a custom camera that activates when playing as FaceStabber and deactivates when not playing as him?

Hooray for HUD changes! On a side note Jasper will get hurt after he uncurls in the air making his ability a somewhat risky move if he can't shoot enemies below well. Still have to implement regeneration to the stars, but how I will and what total amount of stars Jasper can carry at one time will probably boil down to constant play-testing to see what's balanced but at the same time fun.[/QUOTE]
I think you should make it so he gets 1 per sec til 5, then 1 per 2-5 secs til ten, then he stops regenerating.

My problem with how regeneration will work is that I don't want the player to spend all of their stars trying to get away from something, then be forced to wait a long period of time before they can do anything again. At the same time, I don't want them to constantly have stars to spend as that defeats the purpose of having them implemented in the first place. I've also been contemplating what will actually be affected by stars, as they were going to affect every single power Jasper has at his disposal (including his spindash of all things), but I'm really on edge about leaving the player completely helpless with no way to get around besides moving normally.

...Game mechanics are hard.

You could make special monitors that could give people extra stars, but that would require editing level layouts to accommodate the star monitors.

Why not add an instant +1 star for each time you destroy a badnik and they regenerate slowly anyway? then they're actually useful for jasper, not only are you giving him a decent mechanic for earning stars to the player who can't wait 2-3 seconds for a star, but your making badnik's important to jasper's play style, which will be a nice change from just avoiding them all day.

Jasper can't use the Whirlwind Shield for a similar reason as Rosy (mainly because when a certain flag is turned off and you're in the air the jump button can be used to use the shield), so I've been messing around with something similar to that. I'm stuck between having the monitor just give the player stars, or give the player a shield that ups the amount of stars you can carry for as long as you have said shield.

I think a combination of the two ideas would work. Have it up the maximum number of stars you could carry and give the player 5 stars.

You could also tie rings and stars together. Everytime you get 10 rings, you gain a star, along with gaining a star every 3-4 seconds.. This also encourages collecting rings as well.

Why not add an instant +1 star for each time you destroy a badnik

Only one problem with that idea, stars can harm enemies and it'd be a bit silly to get a star for shooting an enemy with a star. STARCEPTION

I could try getting that work by simply bopping enemies, and if Jasper already shot a star disable that until he can bop them again.

You could also tie rings and stars together. Everytime you get 10 rings, you gain a star, along with gaining a star every 3-4 seconds.. This also encourages collecting rings as well.

I can see picking up rings being a fast way of getting stars, and that might work too. Not sure about 3-4 seconds a star considering how easy it is for Jasper to spend 5 in the air just like that. If you didn't collect any rings you'd have to wait 20 seconds for all 5 stars again!

First thing is first though, I'll have to get onto making the stars regenerate back to the player before I can try implementing some of these ideas and seeing how they turn out.

What you could do is make it so that charging spindash refills Jasper's star count if he has any lower than 5. Also, rings and killing enemies should definitely reward the player with stars.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back