GemPlanet

Status
Not open for further replies.
actualy u can make loops but not how u would like them trust me. if i was you i would find another suitable thing for the map but keep up the good work.

You might not want to use shortened words like "u" too much times in a sentence.

The loops are out of it. It was badly stressin me out. I don't think it fit the levels anyway.

But for your careness(few of you), take a look at this.

srb2-OTZ.png

This will be a water ancient ruins level.

I want this level to have gargoyles in it. Should I put lots gargoyles in it or rare(not too much)?

Use gargoyles as decoration, perhaps on top of some pillars. And then maybe consider a puzzle using a gargoyle/gargoyles.

Ok, have another look at this. There will now be homing-robo-fish that will chase you underwater and will distract you while you are getting air bubbles.

Robo-fish.png

Be aware :)

Also we have algae or whatever it's called that moves back and fourth underwater. I doubt you guys care anyway. :D

Algae.png

Now, this is going to be my final post for a while becuase a few things had happend to me and I will be away.(My signature tells what I did wrong.

I posted a new version of GemPlanet with all the MP3's removed so the people that never got to play it yet can still do so while they have the chance.

Also, I changed the gametype back to normal instead of SA=Sonic Adventure and changed the map numbers so the player will still be able to play the original levels in the game.

One of my levels is also completed in the Final Version and it looks like this:

MarineCave.png

It's called Marine Cave and was changed from Ocean Temple and will be a water level.

Thats all I have to say for now. I will be now gone away for a while, who knows when I will return.

When I complete Cybernetrix City Zone (well, something like that, anyway) in the new version it takes me to the normal SRB2 stages. Also, the music for Arctic Twinpole, Sky Plant and Cybernetrix City don't seem to fit the levels. Also, when I exit the Special Stages, the music doesn't change back to that of the normal level, but it plays somethingt else. All that makes the larger filesize version seem like an improvement to the newer one rather than the other way round!

Well... I haven't got the newer version... but I forgot to tell that I already managed to get the larger size version, and well... all the levels are quite easy to not so easy difficulty. And you didn't need all those easy-to-get lives in the first level, as well as all those rings. Even the final boss wasn't difficult to complete! There wasn't really much gimmicks in any of the levels at all, but at least they were well made levels.

SonicTheDalek said:
When I complete Cybernetrix City Zone (well, something like that, anyway) in the new version it takes me to the normal SRB2 stages. Also, the music for Arctic Twinpole, Sky Plant and Cybernetrix City don't seem to fit the levels. Also, when I exit the Special Stages, the music doesn't change back to that of the normal level, but it plays somethingt else. All that makes the larger filesize version seem like an improvement to the newer one rather than the other way round!

I apologize about that, I forgot I had linedef executors that change the music thats why I got rid of it in the final version instead.

Monster Iestyn said:
Well... I haven't got the newer version... but I forgot to tell that I already managed to get the larger size version, and well... all the levels are quite easy to not so easy difficulty. And you didn't need all those easy-to-get lives in the first level, as well as all those rings. Even the final boss wasn't difficult to complete! There wasn't really much gimmicks in any of the levels at all, but at least they were well made levels.

Well, I was a beginnger when I first started making levels until I realized what challenging is all about.

Thats why you will see better improved levels

All the levels you have played, I tighten them up to make them better but I did removed BIZ2 and TTZ2 because the framerates move slow and thats now what I want.

You know what guys, just imagine me beging SSNTails, Sonikku and Mystic being a beginner at level designing and next you know they get better and better and now experts. You got to understnand that I want to be like that thats why im taking my time and not rushing.

Also when I am at school, I sketch some of my levels on a 5 yard grid paper so I wont forget how to design them.

I am nerve wrecking that I seriously can't think of any levels designs for
Funfair Mania act 2 and Cybertrix City act 2 but that act will have stroms and instant kill goop sometimes flowing up and down.

I've had the larger version for a bit, but never reviewed it, so:

Good

-The city looked pretty nice, even if it is lagtacular on my comp.
-Interesting level design
-The 1.1 sprites fit well

Bad

-Forget software. The ice level crashes at points in software, usually around the bigger parts of the map.
-The music was nice, but doesn't fit with the srb2 music.
-There is lag in ALL the maps. Some more than others, but it's there.
-Like others have said, it's too easy.

Indifferent

-Adventure Mode. So many people seem to hate it, but I could care less. Analog doesn't bother me, I always use it.

Kilron said:
I've had the larger version for a bit, but never reviewed it, so:

Good

-The city looked pretty nice, even if it is lagtacular on my comp.@:Yes,Pretty
-Interesting level design@:Right
-The 1.1 sprites fit well@:Same as before

Bad

-Forget software. The ice level crashes at points in software, usually around the bigger parts of the map.@:What?to me didn't
-The music was nice, but doesn't fit with the srb2 music.@:That is not your problem.
-There is lag in ALL the maps. Some more than others, but it's there.@:You think that lag is disturbing in Single Player?I think no.And there is no lag.
-Like others have said, it's too easy.@:Yep,Too easy.

Indifferent

-Adventure Mode. So many people seem to hate it, but I could care less. Analog doesn't bother me, I always use it.@:Uhh...Most of the SA mode levels suck...Don't bother to say it.

That is my answer to that,Oh...and X Doom Zone is easy...you just jump into an invisible FOF close to the rays,Let Eggman go there and instant-kill!Better you put the block monster flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back