Game Pad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plug in your gamepad, then bring down the console by pressing the ` key. Type 'USE_JOYSTICK 1" without parentheses and hit enter. Go to options and set your controls with your gamepad the way you want them, then start playing.

Blah.... a441, can we add something in the menu for adding a joystick? We can't be relying on people to read the manual, I guess. 8)

Oh, i have a Gamecube controller for my pc(plugged in to a USB convertor), and when i typed in the console "USE_JOYSTICK 1" the console said: "Sorry, force
feedback is not yet supported. 5 axes, 8 buttons, 1 povs, poll 0, gamepad 0." The direction stick works, but it's slow, is it possible to fix that?

I think you go into your control panel to fix that.
But then, what do I know? Nothing.

I always kinda preferred WASD + mouse, myself... It allows for navigating levels with fair ease (and dodging is MUCH easier...); plus when in a multiplayer mode you can toggle "chasecam 0" and immediately start playing things FPS-style in no time at all.

But anyway, I don't really know how to fix that. Are you sure it's not a problem with the joypad itself? Does it perform PERFECTLY in other games, or is it sluggish there too? Can you calibrate it better in Windows' built-in wizards/tools/preferences for these things? Those could help make the situation clearer.

ESDF + Trackball for me ;D.
Only reason I use the PS2 controller on srb2 sometimes is because adventure mode more or less requires you to use Analog mode and analog mode sucks with anything but a controller X_X

Shadow Hog said:
I always kinda preferred WASD + mouse, myself... It allows for navigating levels with fair ease (and dodging is MUCH easier...); plus when in a multiplayer mode you can toggle "chasecam 0" and immediately start playing things FPS-style in no time at all.
I like to play with the chasecam ON for the most part, it is a Sonic game after all, but I do switch to first person when something happens, like the person I've been chasing turns into Tails and attempts to fly off, or if the game starts lagging hellishly... But for the things an Echidna does, you need to use third person often. I mean, how can you climb if you can't see anything but the wall? :roll:

I always play with WASD and the mouse as well. I use the chasecam in Single Player, Coop, and Race, and I just turn it off for any mode where I can fire rings. Since I don't play as Knuckles, that's not generally a big problem, but when I do, I just look straight up to see where I'm going in first person. You can't exactly do that in software, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back