Votes: 0 0.0%
  • were can i get it?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RE4FAN

hey everyone

i was just wondering, who here uses game maker, or goes on gmg forums?
Game maker 6.1 is the current one, 6.2 is in beta

I have it. It's pretty good, but I hate the way it does certain things, such as collision with solids, its MP3 loading, and the fact that new rooms run at 30 FPS by default (It should be 60, goddamnit!). In addition, it's got stupid full-screen code and it doesn't have a built-in Machine Independent Speed option. I often times use MMF when I have to make an application (GM6 sucks for applications, admit it!) or a game that won't work good in Game Maker.

Also, GM6's 3D sucks. I use DarkBASIC Pro for any 3D I need.

Yes, I do. In fact, I bought myself a registration key awhile back. I don't care about the default 30fps in rooms, only because of the plethora of reg-only coding options ^_^

DarkBASIC is too confusing for me, and is based mostly for 3D. And no, GM6 works well with Applications once you get used to programming, and download the Windows clickables DLL. MMF remains on my PC for quick projects, like Autorun things, but otherwise GM is the only game design program on my Most Used list on XP.

I, personnaly use The 3D game maker, made by the same company that did Dark Basic.
Regardless if its all object placement, its pretty good.

Save for 3D.
Save for programming.
Save for non-glitchiness.
Save for cost.
Save for... yeah, catch my drift already!

I've used GM, and had a HORRIBLE time trying to get it to do ANYTHING.
MMF was simple to understand. And if you were to take the time, you'd find a lot of very nice, bugless, basic static engines.

I still don't get why you think GM is good for applications. They have loading screens, require DirectX 8, and GM doesn't give you much in the way of window controls. In MMF you can make the background the same as the system color, make buttons, toolbars, scrollbars, listboxes, entire MDI interfaces, custom dialogues and pop-up windows, along with extra objects to provide handling of data. You get pretty much everything you could want for an application in MMF.

FoxBlitzz said:
I still don't get why you think GM is good for applications. They have loading screens, require DirectX 8, and GM doesn't give you much in the way of window controls. In MMF you can make the background the same as the system color, make buttons, toolbars, scrollbars, listboxes, entire MDI interfaces, custom dialogues and pop-up windows, along with extra objects to provide handling of data. You get pretty much everything you could want for an application in MMF.

I've all of that done with GM. Though, I myself could never get it to do that. :|

I don't really use game maker much at all, last time I used it I was putting together my avatar as a gif for possible use.

GM is good and easy if you get how to use its features.
but GM 6.2 is in 3D
the beta is only for Admins of gmg.

JJames19119 said:
furyhunter600 said:
Save for 3D.

Ever heard of Mode 7 and Klik Open GL?
Both, yush. KlikGL is overconsuming, using real OGL functions that I don't want to have to take an entire class on when I can just go use GM's easy (yet primitive... get it? LOL) functions. X_X

Mode 7 fakes it, kinda like how the SNES and GBA does it. Besides, Mode 7 is slow, buggy, and overall a nuisance.

EDIT: What is GMG? I've heard of GMC, but not this...

Not really, because he isn't affiliated with it in any way, and he's linking to GAMES...

Shadowstar uses Game Maker & I don't.

once he made a game & gave it to me for me to play.

i pretty much play it from time to time since 2002

I've used Game Maker before. I've done quite a lot of messing around with it, but never got to making a releasable game. Or decently programmed one, for that matter. However, it is rather good for game making Captain Obvious and I redownload it from time to time.

TGF Owns, I was going to use it to make Hundreds of games, I even made a pretty good sonic engine with a couple of links and tutorials. It was glitched though (Sonic sometimes doesn't fly off when running off a 90 degree angle upwards) Made Life icons that have some life in it (Get 100 rings and they'll smile or celebrate, Die and they'll have'll show this= XX. unfortunatly, I didn't get to save that engine nor get a new TGF after the Expiary date ran up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back