Galbadia Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
Have any of you guys ever heard of Galbadia Hotel? It was a website devoted to video game music, and it was really, really good. It had some truly awesome stuff that could not be found anywhere else.

Anyway, do you guys have anything to say about it?

It's working for me.

Besides, if it's anything like last time it died, it just means that people will be panicked into donating.

It kinda sucks how they have to resort to ads with malware to rake in the buckaroos. Be sure to secure yourself with Firefox, AdBlock and NoScript.

Ah, now it works again. It was just a temporary issue. I'm changing the nature of the topic now.

I've been using AdBlock Plus since a good while now, way before I discovered Galbadia Hotel. It's a good source for music, but sometimes it works a bit wrong. Either way, it's the most complex site I saw (for VG Soundtracks).

Yeah, it can be wrong at times, like how the MM and Bass Gamerip is called "Megaman 9 Game Rip", and how there are duplicates and stuff. I also don't see the point of having Game Rips when there are higher-quality OSTs for some games (like the first 6 Megaman games, as well as MMX7 and MMX8), or in most cases anyway, since the OSTs for Pokemon Red/Blue/Green and Megaman 9 (which actually isn't on the site) are kinda messed up. The categorization needs work, too. Needs Keywords so I don't have to search under 3 letters to get Megaman music. The forums tend to be a bit more reliable than the actual site, anyway.

I really like the site, but google has it as a malware site. I haven't really needed to use it again though.

Jellybones69 said:
I really like the site, but google has it as a malware site. I haven't really needed to use it again though.

It IS a Malware Site, It infected 2 of my PC's a long time ago.

Same goes for KH-Insider, So Don't resort to that for a back-up.

So far, it hasn't given me any problems. Is it just spyware, or can it actually give viruses?

It's the ads, not the site itself. The higher-paying ads usually install malware and the like on your computer, especially since they use those "This site is brought to you by..." ads that take you directly to their page long enough for the spyware to be added.

Other than that though, it's an excellent site. But I don't use it anymore since the ads took down one of my older computers.

Yeesh, people. AdBlock Plus (and similar plugins/etc.) exist(s) for a reason. It's a godsend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back