Frustrating moments at SRB2

Samups

He is always ready to run.

• Mention a frustrating time in your odyssey through the various zones of SRB2.

I'll start with this one, which happened to me in versions after v2.2, because when I dedicated myself to defeating Black Eggman, I was mainly amazed that it was useless to hit him non-stop, his passive ability was to be surrounded by electricity, but the worst for I was realizing the existence of the fucking rockets that sent you flying.
    So far I find v2.2 to be much smoother and cool to play than v2.1, so in the pinch phase, I have it much more mastered.

1614990064017.png

Image belonging to @ Dreemurr3Asriel​

Last edited:

I'll start with this one, which happened to me in versions after v2.2, because when I dedicated myself to defeating Black Eggman, I was mainly amazed that it was useless to hit him non-stop, his passive ability was to be surrounded by electricity, but the worst for I was realizing the existence of the fucking rockets that sent you flying.
    So far I find v2.2 to be much smoother and cool to play than v2.1, so in the pinch phase, I have it much more mastered.

View attachment 39035

Image belonging to @ Dreemurr3Asrie​
srb20034.gif Platforming.

View attachment 39035

Image belonging to @ Dreemurr3Asriel​
I didn't know you made a post with that image in mind, that Dreemurr3Asriel guy is actually me (a hint being that we have the same pfp), I took that screenshot for a Crying Gamer Boo meme since it was getting popular. Moving on, I'm pretty sure a frustrating moment that happened to every SRB2 player is trying to beat Azure Temple Zone, even if they were using Tails and/or in a multiplayer server.

Mention a frustrating time in your odyssey through the various zones of SRB2.
I can't bear Metal Sonic's 2nd Phase. Every time I try to attack him, He gets back and I fall. This made me super frustrated with SRB2 along with Castle Eggman's boss.

The final boss is mostly frustrating not because of rockets but because of much it's luck dependent mostly in a run
I always dodge him with those things except for the fire that I kept damaging than a less as and castle eggman boss I mean idk I always fail at that part and I finished it
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
The final boss is mostly frustrating not because of rockets but because of much it's luck dependent mostly in a run

Agreed, I once completed Brak but I was playing a modded game so it didn't save. I did it first try and later, took me a couple more tries.

I find that SRB2 v2.2 generally does a good job at not being frustrating. There's a big difference between challenging and frustrating and SRB2 usually is firmly in the former category. However, the rope pulley gauntlet at the end of Arid Canyon Act 1 is the definition of frustrating, as is the Metal Sonic boss. Both of those I find to be just plain overkill.

I find that SRB2 v2.2 generally does a good job at not being frustrating. There's a big difference between challenging and frustrating and SRB2 usually is firmly in the former category. However, the rope pulley gauntlet at the end of Arid Canyon Act 1 is the definition of frustrating, as is the Metal Sonic boss. Both of those I find to be just plain overkill.
2.2 is much less frustrating than the 2.1 (I still remember getting many game overs with Sonic).

I also hope the last part of ACZ 1 will be revamped in the next major update.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back