Friend can't join certain servers/download certain mods.

In both SRB2 and Kart, my friend found that he couldn't join specific servers, nor use certain mods as well. Level mods such as Subarashi, Kimokawai, 06, and Srb2 heroes do not work Srb2. And servers like Crazy Gadget and Kart Discovery do not work in kart. We do not know what's going on here and the only theory we have is that it's Mac problem.

You need to be more specific. Does the game crash, pop an error message, refuse to connect, etc.?

You need to be more specific. Does the game crash, pop an error message, refuse to connect, etc.?

The game shows a pop up error to my friend saying something like: you cannot download the files, or something similar. And for future reference, I do have the level mods I said that didn't work and tested it with my friend too, that's why I know they don't work. Surprisingly, Sonic Mania Plus servers's level mods work.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Nice quote btw.

It sounds like your friend is missing some files from the server. That error that pops up should have directed them to open the console or the log (the text is at the bottom of the log) to see which files they're missing. Missing can also mean you have a different version of the file.

If you're the one hosting, you may want to try increasing the max download size with the maxsend command in console. I think it's measured in kibibytes, so multiply 1024 by the number of mebibytes you want. Though, I don't recommend this for Kart as the Kart downloader has been unstable for a whlle now. File sharing is the ideal solution anyway.

Ok so I tried doing that but nothing really worked for me. My friend is still unable to download the files I have loaded. We tried increasing my maxsend, his maxsend, both, but nothing nothing worked.

The addon files for SUBARASHII, KIMOKAWAIII, Sonic 2006, and SRB2 Heroes are all too big to download through the game, as is likely for the Kart mods too (or the server simply has their maxsend lowered/disabled). You need to send your friend the links to download those mods from here on the Message Board, or upload them to another file-sharing service.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back