• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Free Windows SRB2 level creation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumpmod dosen't give an error, it's when I play SRB2. When I start the map, the things in newthings.lmp are not in there. SRB2 dosen't give an error, though... I'll try it again.

Hey, I am new, well just joined this board, but have been using srb2 and editors such as WadAuthor for a while now. I was reading the tutorial for level editing at the home page, but I still can't figure out how to join linedefs in Doom Builder. Do you know?

Delete vertice between linedefs. Go to Configuration (F5), and find the shortcut key for this. I think. I hope. Uh, maybe not. Uh-oh.

Wait, I just found that if you connect the linedefs, it WILL make a grey(2-Side) linedef, unlike in WA where it won't!

Oh, and one more thing, where is the F_Sky1 flats or whatever the name is called stored, it's not in my Srb2.wad(srb) file for the flats.. -_-

F_SKY1 is a special flat. It's not liiike the others! It doesn't actually show up in the wad file because it's not just a tiled image or something.

1 more thing, um, how do I set the things? and also do I just type in F_SKY1, I tried but it didn't show that, only the floors, in 3d mode.

Things: Click the red dark arrow at the top of the toolbar. Also, press T.
F_SKY1: You are lucky even to be RUNNING 3d mode. Swich into secotrs mode. Right click on desired sector. On the left grey box, under it is a text box. Type in "F_SKY1"

No, for the things, they still say doom names and stuff, I mean the spawn points for players works, but I can't figure out what is what!

But doesn't Srb2.srb change to .wad for the files, if so then where do you put Srb.cfg, If you put it as the IWAD, it doesnt have all the lumps and textures, so where then does it get placed? -_- I have it though

I have no idea what you're talking about now.

For Doom Builder, set srb2.cfg as the configuration file, and srb2.srb as the IWAD.

That's all there is to say.

where do you set the config file. The IWAD is set under propierties or whatever then files. where is config? It even says you cant select cfg for IWAD.

Isn't that where you set the wad file? then where do you set the wad file? I did exactly what the stupid thing said. Please clarify

That too, but if you have the srb2.cfg in DB's directory, "Sonic Robo Blast 2" will show up in the listbox.

OK, and just one thing, whenever I save the wads, it says building bsp nodes, but then it says closing files and it deletes whatever is on hte screen! when I go to play it wont add the maps also! It's like it doesnt save it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back