For FireFox users

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it works badly, why use it at all when I can use something that works well? That's like saying "I use this sleeping bag to go to bed, even though I have a perfectly good bed." Yeah, there might be a few psychos that prefer the sleeping bag, but personally, I stay away from sleeping bags if I can at all help it.

But your situation is like saying, "I am going out into the middle of the wilderness on a thirty-mile hike and I require a sleeping bag as the commom sence bit. But instead I would rather carry a whole bed with me and complain about it." Do you see my point of veiw? You are complaining about your computer using another player for the one format that recommends a player that you refuse to use... And you are wondering 'why'. I think I will shut up now as not to make such an ass of myself.

Dark King of Hyrule said:
Set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to some number like 30 or 50. This means it will make 30 or 50 requests at once.

Don't do this. It's default is at 3, I believe; set it to something between that and around 10. 8 is a good number.

Anymore than that is rude, because if everyone had their browsers set to pull down 50 requests simultaneously, entire servers would be crashing. And most servers have caps on the number of requests a single IP can make anyways (15 I think, but it varies), so this wouldn't even do any good in that case.

Dark King of Hyrule said:
But your situation is like saying, "I am going out into the middle of the wilderness on a thirty-mile hike and I require a sleeping bag as the commom sence bit. But instead I would rather carry a whole bed with me and complain about it." Do you see my point of veiw? You are complaining about your computer using another player for the one format that recommends a player that you refuse to use... And you are wondering 'why'. I think I will shut up now as not to make such an ass of myself.
Personally, I consider RM files on a website to be an automatic back button. For instance, if I load a webpage with an embedded MIDI file, I automatically hit back, because any decent webmaster would not use a MIDI file playing in the background. RM files are similar to me. If you're offering RM files, you're stuck in 1999 and it's time for me to find a website that offers files in a better format. On the other hand, it's not like I'm generally looking for anything rare, so I never have the issue of having the RM being my only option.

I know full well that I'm a zealot, and it's perfectly fine for you to disagree with me. I just like watching anime and other things over the net, and find it really annoying when people use obscure codecs or other proprietary crap. Real Player is just another one of those formats that has low quality and can't be converted into a better format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back