Floor-to-Ceiling Problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZX

Now 100% less jaded!
Yeah. I know. "Two problems in the course of one day?? Why is this guy even making maps??" This time, I'm having problems with making spin-only entrances and below-ground caves. Sure, they show up where they should, but the LINEDEFS' textures are all glitchy above-ground after I place them underground. They also make it look like the side that they're on extends upwards into infinity.
I bet Ezer's gonna save my *** again this time... But I need help on this.
It's vital for another unique part of my stage tha... Oshi--

Fix'd. Shoulda known that I couldn't release it before entering... T_T

HHmmmm.... Hmmm... Hmmm

Hard to figure out. Screens would be useful. If you want to post them.

~Ezer'Arch

Ezer.Arch said:
HHmmmm.... Hmmm... Hmmm

Hard to figure out. Screens would be useful. If you want to post them.

~Ezer'Arch
srb20006.png

srb20007.png

srb20008.png

This is what it looks like above ground from every side. Its floor height is 400 and its ceiling height is 460. And the LINEDEFS are screwing up above ground, as is seen...

srb20009.png

This is what it should look like. :P

Do those help at all? D:
EDIT:: Okay, now they're MMA textured, which now makes it, instead of glitchy LINEDEFS shooting in the sky, shoot MMA textures that are impassible into the sky. D: I'm still lost as to how this works... DX

Errmmm.

I've tried a lot of different things as an approach -- rather, approaches -- and yet, to no avail. This really stumps me. I tell the ceiling to be at 460, so why don't the LINEDEFS and their textures stop there?! @_@;;

Check for map errors (including missing textures) and fix them. That usually happens to me if there's an unclosed sector.

Cheese said:
Check for map errors (including missing textures) and fix them. That usually happens to me if there's an unclosed sector.
That's just it. I need to close the sector. But how?

:SonicMaster: said:
Select the offending linedefs and change which sector each is part of.
Hmm, lessee if I know how to do this...

Hmm...

EDIT:: Nope.

Is there a special option/command?

Sidedefs tab. Front side, it will say sector. Back side, it will say sector. Change the numbers so that the sector will be closed. Look at other linedefs in working areas of the sector to see what the numbers SHOULD be.

Sidedefs tab. Front side, it will say sector. Back side, it will say sector. Change the numbers so that the sector will be closed. Look at other linedefs in working areas of the sector to see what the numbers SHOULD be.
AUGH.

When I do that, the 1400 fracunit high base ground blocks off the edge, where you would fall into the lava...

@_@;

EDIT:: It's already correctly applied to the appropriate sectors...

It has been since the start. o.o That's weird.

So, I have a feeling I may be able to throw an FOF in to cut the ceiling short. Worth a shot!

EDIT 2:: Nope, that doesn't work either...

So the sector IS closed off...

Wonder if the textures are just screwing it up or something...?

You could PM one of us. That doesn't break the contest rules.
Heh... It's already been released.

It's the Shadow Peak map.

So, I could PM it to you anyways...

And see what diagnosis you get.

Problem solved: You were using the in-game sector to create the gate when you should have been using FOFs. That way, you can walk on top of it as well, and the textures will stop at 1400.

Problem solved: You were using the in-game sector to create the gate when you should have been using FOFs. That way, you can walk on top of it as well, and the textures will stop at 1400.
Awesome! Thanks so much SM! :)

I'll be sure to throw Special Thanks in the MAINCFG credited to ya!!

Also... While you were helping me solve that issue, I began a new map...

Muaha... >:3 Contest, anyone? (Lolnorelease)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back