• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Floor-over-floor-over-floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

True liar.
when trying to make a floor-over-floor-over-floor, it makes the original FOF have a gap the same size of the new FOF, and theres another problem i have, when i try to make FOFs over water then the game assumes that the FOF is also another normal sector and makes the FOF have a normal sector underneath it, with seethrough walls.

So, do both FOFs in the sectors share the same tag?

I mean, I remember when I first started out, I had no idea how to get a FOF over another FOF. Then it turned out that all I needed was to give both FOFs the same tag, and then they'd BOTH be in the sector. Now, this may not be what your problem is, but it sounds similar...

Well to make sure the water works under the FOF, you have to tag the water to that FOF sector, too.. Not sure if that's what you mean or not. o.o

Shadow Hog said:

nope,both with different tags, but, if i put them on the same tag, won't they be the same height?

EDIT: one question, how do you place things on FOFS?

ree-c said:
Shadow Hog said:

nope,both with different tags, but, if i put them on the same tag, won't they be the same height?
Yes.

The easiest way to do this is ignore the fact that there's another FOF there and treat your control sector as a single FOF and then screw around with it's heights.

fofof6gz.jpg

A Tip when making an FOFOF that extends outside of the other FOF: Don't cross linedefs. x_x Make seperate sectors for the botton FOF, the top FOF and the area both FOFs cross over.

i've thought of that problem, and i think i've found a way to fix it, but i don't know if it works though, i'm gonna try it sooner or later.

How do you place THINGS on a FOF?

what is the required flag number for rings and random monitors?
And where do i put the height in doombuilder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back