• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Flappers the bat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's a start...but you'll need to fix it up. Try making him symmetrical and a bit rounder.

that doesnt sound much like constructive criticism.I can see why you said that, but isn't that a bit over the top?
although I am going to edit it.

Though it might be a bit over the top, it's true. What program are you using to make these?

Sprites are way too big, and you foolishly used the resize tool in MS-Paint. Plus the sprites are crappy(no offense).

zck2020 said:
Sprites are way too big, and you foolishly used the resize tool in MS-Paint. Plus the sprites are crappy(no offense).

Foolishly? Excuse me, but Didn't I already say This is only my first character wad?

And by the way, I'm using XWE for the editing, and to make them, some program I can never remember the name of.

And like fawfulfan suggested earlier, I have attempted to make it more round, and have now got rd of most of the black lines. If anyone has the respect to look without first thinking " crap city here I come" They can have a look!
http://www.freewebs.com/flygon44/worksinprogress.htm

Quit being a crybaby. Trust me, I could say it a whole lot meaner than I did. Make the sprites smaller for starters.

I'm not being a crybaby. All I'm saying is if you're going to effectively Diss my sprites, could you at least put it less bluntly. And, so as not to go off topic, I am planning to make them smaller, but I am working out what size I want it to be before I mindlessly shrink it, Like you're suuggesting.

I have a new signiture Idea - zck2020 is my arch enemy.

Mechaknux56, just because zck2020 is using constructive critisism like that, doesn't mean you should start calling him an enemy. That's a bit of a childish thing to do... :/

I was kidding! some people just don't have a sense of humor!- Oh wait, that's just me, so no wonder no-one got it. But thats not the point. what did you think of my currently an amputee sprite for flappers?

It still needs to be smaller. BTW I wasn't 'dissing" your sprites. I was giving you my opinion of them. Don't act childish just because you don't like what you hear. And I'll speak as bluntly as I want to.

mechaknux56, watch yourself. People gave direct, honest criticism on what you've made. Instead of complaining that they didn't somehow soften the blow for you, maybe you should look at it from a more objective standpoint, and consider that they may have valid points.

Keep up the complaining when honest statements are made, this topic will get locked fast.

Might I suggest using MSpaint for the sprites? I used to suck at using it until I found that it had a neat little grid option for when you're zoomed in enough, and a nice copy-paste utility. Try going for symmetry. If you have to, copy half the sprite then paste and flip it on to the other side for complete symmetry.

Ice said:
Might I suggest using MSpaint for the sprites? I used to suck at using it until I found that it had a neat little grid option for when you're zoomed in enough, and a nice copy-paste utility. Try going for symmetry. If you have to, copy half the sprite then paste and flip it on to the other side for complete symmetry.
Isn't that just for the Vista version?

I am using ms-paint. I'm just not very good at using it. I'll try using that grid thing, and also possibly the copy and paste and flip thing if necassery. thanks for the idea, ice.

Silent_Snipe said:
Any chance you could add some shading to the sprites?
And I am going to attempt to shade the sprites, but only once I have made them symmetrical and improved them enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back