• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

fist wad that i got to work :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

spriter12

download
this is my first perfectly working wad :D
here are some screenies
srb20006lu2.png

srb20005ae7.png

can you find the secret area?

Well, it seems that you have a bit of the mechanics of making levels down, so your next direction needs to be in better level design and a map header.

Read and understand:

http://srb2wiki.sepwich.com/wiki/Level_Designing_101

http://srb2wiki.sepwich.com/wiki/Map_Header

Other considerations:

Your have non-deafed rings. Checking the float (or deaf, depends on what editor you are using) tag will make these rings float 32 fracunits above the sector, and will look a lot better.

Also, I found your secret. I would highly discourage you from placing all the emeralds in the same place, or even in the same level for that matter.

hmm okay thnz but the weird thing is that i wanted to make a hidden exit but i couldn't duplicate the feature

His fist wad?

fist.jpg

K,the bad thing about this level is....oh wait Jazz said EVERYTHING.

If you read those tutorials you can become an expert over time.

spriter12 said:
No, and I don't want to. Emeralds are things you find throughout MANY levels. You'd find about one emerald every three levels in most levelpacks, and a bit more if it's tokens. And you never have more than a one emerald to location ratio, though it'd be interesting to see a one emerald to many locations ratio.

And unless you're building a Mod, I don't advise putting individual emeralds in levels, only tokens.

One reason you can get by with tokens is that:
1) If you don't include a game-data it's just a super transformation.
2) Collecting a token doesn't guarantee an emerald, it's only a chance at one, so it's almost good to put more than 7 in a mod.

Tets, I just used mathematical terms in a coherent post. Ooooooooh buuuuuurn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back